Haweswater

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Hi there..
Just pondering over the maps and realised one of the places ive not been is haweswater. Looks like it could be a good walk from from the ullswater area. Anyway has anyone spent any time there camping and or fishing. I know it "belongs" to united utilities but i did read that to camp you can contact them. This however might be for organised groups such as d of e expiditions.
Looking forward to any replies.
cheers
shutz

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Spent many a night on The Rigg in my hammock or up by Blea or Angle tarn in the bivvy or tent. Best to arrive late and leave early to miss the crowds

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
cheers rich thats what i was thinking, arrive late leave early, as there is some nice looking wooded areas shown on the map... be great to use the hammock. Camped a long time ago by angle tarn. it was flippin freezing and everything froze even the inside of the tent.

Would be interested to know if the eagles are still there mind. Now that would be spectacular.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE