Have Bus Pass will Travel !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
My LA-JOG was a fail - once I got off the limestone and nice turf and back into peat my knee said "NO!" ... the dislocation had torn muscles, ligaments and cartilage and my knee was being pulled apart at every step.... I got as far Durham before calling it a day.
That injury has caused untold grief over the years with over compensation destroying other joints! I have recently realized that I cannot walk more than 5 easy miles and have had to give up canoeing! My main interest for most of my outdoor life was Long Distance walking (Member of the Long Distance and Backpackers clubs...) and in my 40s started leading expeds around the globe....now a walk around the village can hurt (on a bad day)!
Canal walks look good - but there are no canals around here - and I may steal your trolley design!
Be nice to me - show a picture of the harness side
:)

Your wish is my command :), I'll get some photo's up today I found the Aluminium tube and the golf trolly wheels in the local waste Recycling skip which is a joke because if you ask for anything and offer a couple quid to the Lads Xmas Beer Fund, you're refused Elf + safety blah! blah! to my mind that's not Recycling :censored: It's funny how stuff follows me home :confused: I built it with no plans and have used it ever since but it needs some mod's to a Mk.2 the side prop doesn't hold much weight and the floor plate is not big enough if it was I'll add x2 short legs to hold the trolly upright the haversack was a charity shop buy £2 which I bought for the Aluminium frame to swap for my Swedish 35L metal framed haversack to have the bedroll loop and be lighter the orange sack is just looped over the top of the trolly and not fastened on but it makes the weight too high I'm thinking of trying a canvas kit bag I'll get some photo's up :beerchug:

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
bus pass + thumb

I always stop for the thumb (if practical) remembering thumbing about in RAF uniform in the 60's. Folk would go out of their way, even take you home for dinner then onto say the motorway service station and can remember once in the middle of the night being stopped by the police on the Leeds ring road asked 'where I was headed' 'Skipton' they then stopped the next passing car and said 'take this guy to the next big roundabout where the bypass starts' Even living in the Yorkshire Dales though you don't see many thumbing nowadays

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Your wish is my command :), I'll get some photo's up today I found the Aluminium tube and the golf trolly wheels in the local waste Recycling skip which is a joke because if you ask for anything and offer a couple quid to the Lads Xmas Beer Fund, you're refused Elf + safety blah! blah! to my mind that's not Recycling :censored: It's funny how stuff follows me home :confused: I built it with no plans and have used it ever since but it needs some mod's to a Mk.2 the side prop doesn't hold much weight and the floor plate is not big enough if it was I'll add x2 short legs to hold the trolly upright the haversack was a charity shop buy £2 which I bought for the Aluminium frame to swap for my Swedish 35L metal framed haversack to have the bedroll loop and be lighter the orange sack is just looped over the top of the trolly and not fastened on but it makes the weight too high I'm thinking of trying a canvas kit bag I'll get some photo's up :beerchug:

I have some nice pnumatic tyres from my canoe portage trolley and aluminium tube from my canoe poling pole....
The guys at my local tip look out for bits of leather for me - no probs buying bits at our tip!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh, I generaly stop for thumbs. (And give earfuls to those who tell me not to...)

My late great aunt hitchhiked everywhere and this is how I remember her.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Lovely views of the canal QDanT, that photo of the bear next to the wine bottle? Perhaps it's the light but I think Teddie's eyes are crossed...just watch him will you.;)

On the subject of bus passes, locally, perhaps nationally there are some hitches. I'm 72 and live on my boat, I don't own a house. To be considered for a bus pass I'm told I must have an address and be on a voting register, otherwise I'm considered NFA (No fixed abode) and the bus pass entitlement does not apply...Being NFA has it's amusing aspects though, mostly the hurt look on officials faces when they tap their computers and say..." But you're not shown on our....." :lmao:

Don't misunderstand me, this is not a moan or complaint...I'm happy to stay below the radar and ride my Guzzi.:dancer:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE