Has anyone...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
My Dad once drove a litter-spike through his foot, clearing up after a big barbecue party when he'd had more than enough to be going on with, if that's any help.

Outdoordude

Native
Mar 6, 2012
Kent
Yeh sliced my leg open with a Babcock Laplander. Luckily it was on the top of my leg and not near my major arteries.

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
My wife did it one year at the moot during a basket weaving class while she was trying to split the willow (inch and half slash down the length of her finger), 3hrs in A&E, paper stiches and bandaged up for a week or so - she was not happy!!!!

kristophish

Native
Mar 17, 2012
nuneaton
yep sliced the end of my finger off before with a Stanley knife at work, diagonally thru the nail just missing the bone
(that one was fun) and countless other cut, slices and gashes.

your not alone kris

Leiflet

Nomad
Jun 5, 2013
Devon
I suspect that the index finger of the non-dominant hand is only there to be abused. A part from a multitude of nicks with cheap craft knives: Pushed a bow saw into it, just below the knuckle: hit it with billhook twice, on consecutive days and in exactly the same place; stuck the point of my Mora carver into it three times in the same week.

Haven't had nearly so many injuries in recent years. And then, a week ago pushed the blade of my Mora 163 across the outside of my wrist twice within a few minutes.

Least likely event that springs to mind was someone on a spoon carving day I was on. She managed to stab herself in the backside while carving. Don't ask me, I can't work it out.

Cheers,
Leif

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I think everyone who has used a knife is likely to have cut themselves as some point or other. :)

I cut the tendons in my left thumb with a fallkniven F1 about 4 years ago.

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
I have a scar on my left ring finger knuckle where I shut my first ever penknife on it. I then avoided cutting myself for about 30 years then I cut through the side of my left index finger down to the bone with the serrated edge of my fishing knife, severing the nerve and I now have a permanently numb section. I also have a nice neat silver scar on the back of my left hand where I misjudged a billhook swipe, no permanent damage from that one, although the underpants may not agree with me on that.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
More times than I care to remember! More at work than out and about though....

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
I put an axe through my thumb last year, I had been chiselling out a kuksa using the back of the axe as a hammer, put it down to light a cig, picked it up the wrong way. I swung at the chisel, missed and severed a tendon.

I slipped with a spoon knife once too and took a lovely scoop of flesh out of my finger, very shallow, little blood but stung like a swine.

touched by nature

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Plenty, but nothing thats needed stitches (yet).

Stuck a garden fork through my foot at age 3, a mortice chisel in my hand at age 6, put my finger in an electric planer 2 years ago.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE