Has anyone used Bronzemoon outdoors?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thijzzz

Nomad
Jan 8, 2007
The Netherlands
I was considering the same. So I emailed 2 days ago about a Kodiak Gearslinger (GBP 109.99) , and if they'd ship to the Netherlands.

Got a reply: yes we ship to the Netherlands.

But also, the price on the website was raised to GBP 119.99. I asked them about that, no reply yet.

dlegros

Mar 12, 2011
West Mids
I found this thread searching for reviews on the company.

So far my experience has been pretty poor.

I ordered two lights from them (A Streamlight Multi-Ops and a Stylus Pro in black).

The only communication from the company was an automated receipt of order.

After a week of hearing nothing, no stock-level or despatch information I tried calling the number on the website - which is constantly set to divert to voicemail.

I have also tried email and the in-site contact form repeatedly with no response.

Eventually, I received a Stylus Pro, from a fulfilment company in Leicester - in silver, not black as ordered, so now I have to begin another round of unanswered calls and emails to try and rectify this.

From my experience, I wouldn't advise trying them.

Dom

TylerD

Forager
Aug 1, 2008
Hertfordshire
Yup, had an "Old Hickory" butchers knife on order from them for, oooh, about 5 weeks now...

I chased them up after a fortnight and was told that they'd emailed me (news to me!) and the item was out of stock, but they were expecting some in two to four weeks... Still waiting :( they've got 'til next friday and then I'm asking for my money back!

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Similar 'disappointed' thread running on BritishBlades at the moment.

I really don't know why these sellers even bother setting up the sites.

Sep 29, 2010
Alton
Damn wish I seen this 10 days ago before I placed an order for a Lansky sharpening system I have had nought but an automated email and no reply to a phone message, grrr glad I did paypal so can get cash back.

dlegros

Mar 12, 2011
West Mids
I found this thread searching for reviews on the company.

So far my experience has been pretty poor.

I ordered two lights from them (A Streamlight Multi-Ops and a Stylus Pro in black).

The only communication from the company was an automated receipt of order.

After a week of hearing nothing, no stock-level or despatch information I tried calling the number on the website - which is constantly set to divert to voicemail.

I have also tried email and the in-site contact form repeatedly with no response.

Eventually, I received a Stylus Pro, from a fulfilment company in Leicester - in silver, not black as ordered, so now I have to begin another round of unanswered calls and emails to try and rectify this.

From my experience, I wouldn't advise trying them.

Dom

As a follow-up to this,

When I finally had contact from Bronzemoon, I did get an apology for the communication problems.

A return authorisation was issued for the Silver Stylus and postage was promptly refunded via PayPal.

I was also given an estimated delivery date for the Multi-Ops light. Which duly arrived on-time.

Communication improved dramatically once established.

So although things got off to a rocky start we got there in the end :)

Dom

scott_uk

Jan 13, 2012
UK
Anyone looking to buy online from Bronzemoon, my advise is DON'T.

Their online payment had been disenabled. When I mailed them, as I'd thought it might had been my PC & laptop, they replied they had to disenable the payment as it was experiencing "technical issues"; that was more than a week ago!

For a company that sells on line and potential customers can't make payment to buy is absolutely absurd!! I can understand if it takes a few hours to resolve at their end if they were having technical issues, but more than a week had gone past, there is no progress.

Just ask yourself: what sort of company are they if they cannot be bothered to quickly fix their online payment system to enable transaction? More than a wk, still no progress, all seems very dodgy to me.

I would have saved approx £5 if I was able to buy from Bronzemoon over another online competitor. Having received the reply from them, read the issues from others on this thread, seen their Facebook page and using common sense, I think I'd prob end up losing money rather than save a few pounds! I won't be buying from them ever.

This is their info as found on Companies House - I won't be surprised if they go bust soon.

http://wck2.companieshouse.gov.uk/2906e71f5b43a8e2387d6f32ce4fba0c/compdetails

I feel sorry for the people above who had ordered from them, I hope you guys get what you ordered.........

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Glad I read this thread, was about to order the Lansky sharpener from them as it's slightly cheaper than HH but their website is awful - impossible to navigate (I've tried using Firefox and Safari but think it's a server-end issue). Think I'll order from HH instead as at least they've got a good reputation!

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Hmmmm, just to put a different spin on this thread I wanted a Condor Nessmuk, emailed Bronzemoon on Wednesday to see if they had them in stock, got an email back within half an hour saying yes and if you order within the hour we will send today, so I did, Nessmuk arrived today (Friday) £6.00 cheaper than Heinnes (don't get me wrong they are fantastic and offer a great service) But perhaps Bronzemoon aren't all bad....?!??!?

No conneaction etc.......just a (perhaps rare?) satisfied customer!

gonzo-

Dec 5, 2012
uk
same as a previous post i wish i had read a review of the site before i had ordered the site looks good but the communication and customer service is virtually non-existent. i have sent 6-9 emails had one response which wasn't very helpful the phone number is always diverted to a voicemail service with no replies, there are a couple of other items i want that they have but i shall be contacting HH to see if then can get hold of them for me as they are not on their site

May 22, 2012
scotland
Run away now, run away. I`m still waiting, since April, for a refund for an item they failed to deliver. It was only about £8 so I`ve written it off. Being able to give them some negative publicity here makes it worth it though.

OK I'm going to be different here.

I ordered a Tatonka Mug from them them on Monday Night and it arrived Yesterday, their price was about the same as other places but they done free delivery.
I placed my order wich was sage pay rather than Paypal, I got a confirmation E-mail straight away, a few minutes later a got a receipt E-mail, the next morning I had an E-mail informing me it had be dispatched.
They get 10/10 from me, I had an excellent service from them & I highly recommend them !!

Don't know if I just got lucky, but like I said they done good by me..

justmosey

Nov 18, 2012
Denbigh, North Wales
Great prices if you get the product any time soon. Last time I used them it was very difficult to get a result but that was two years ago. Scared me away. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE