Has anyone tried GRIP CLIPS for tarp attachment points?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I was given something similar, that looked like an "8" and the plug bit went in one of the holes.
IMHO They aren't a long term solution, they are useful as an emergency item if you use tarps.

I'd always opt for proper grommits Metal preferably.

I guess if you always use cheeper tarps then it's a useful item.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
I'd always opt for proper grommits......

Like these!
gromit.gif
gromit.gif

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
If your going to use a tarp with grommits that aren't in good positions then instead of buying those why not just put a rock in the tarp and tie around that? I mean if you're able to buy something, you might as well get a tarp with grommits in good positions instead of buying something that lets you tie to a tarp without them and if you just happen to have a tarp like that, then a smooth rock and some sort of cord should work fine.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I made 2 of these using thick plastic from a packing case, and they worked fine, mainly as a way of holding folded section of the tartp together. This was as a wrapping for a canoe in storage. I'd imagine the real items would perform better.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE