Has anyone had experience of......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
I live in Cornwall and I have never heard of them before, but reading the testamonials a lot in south Wales seem to have. Some were quite effusive especially a Mister Spencer Locker, what is life coaching a soft form of psychoanalysis.

I've read the blurb but don't understand it, maybe I'm thick.

Andy:dunno:

Ps Rhoda might of heard of them.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I've just had a reply from Scanker as well. Basically, i was in a waiting room a few years ago and read a magazine article about What your search engine says about you. It said that, if you use Google, you are more likely than anyone else to Google your own name. To be honest, it had never occured to me so i promptly tried it, with limited success.

Anyway, i was telling the boys at work this story and the dodgy sites that had turned up and they had a go. The thing is, they did my name and not theirs. So, they trawled through what came up and came across this testimonial. I remember writing it, but not for this company (who i'd never heard of!). So, with Scankers help and a little diligent digging, i found that the company is being run by a Lady who took me through training in 2004 with the Barry Youth Offending Team. I was initially a little miffed as it is out of context, however, she is an enthusiastic and accomplished facilitator with a wealth of experience and i have to concede that i don't really mind her using it as it is what i said about her (though in the context of the course).

The thing that got me was that i was not as actively into 'Bushcraft' at the time and I don't think Alison was either. It's just a link or connection to my pre-bushcraft past that has come full circle and is now present on a web site with a tenuous link to Bushcraft!

I suppose i was hoping Alison may have been a member of this site under an assumed name (who'd do that?:rolleyes: ) and see if i could get a discounted trip to the Australian outback!:)

ANDYRAF

Settler
Mar 25, 2008
St Austell Cornwall
If they're using your name out of context, you should be entitled to some compensation, oh something like a trip to Aus and take some friends don't you, mate, buddy, pal of mine.

It's the only way I could get there now, two hundred years ago I'd have had no problem, now they've got picky.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE