Harkila Pro Hunter

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Im heading up the lakes on the weekend...unfortunately its to take the missus away :eek:
I have however put my foot down and stopping off at john norris on the way.
I am seriously interested in the Harkila pro hunter trousers...any opinions on them??

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Yeh i read that, twas useful, however he is the spit of my old maths teacher so just could not take the article seriously with his photos adjacent.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Yeh i read that, twas useful, however he is the spit of my old maths teacher so just could not take the article seriously with his photos adjacent.

John's one of our own on here, honestly mate if anyone knows anything about outdoor gear it's him :)

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Proof is in the trying them on, the pro hunter suit is 5 year gaurenteed, thats a fair statment to make and is bomb proof so youll not get better made gear for your money, but the fit is the important thing, i found the jacket drowned me and have hung off to find a XS before buying, the crazy thing is I'm a medium, the jackets are huge!!

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Well thats it I nearly bought them a couple of months ago, pure impulse, decided I must try them on first if im going to part with £200..nothing worse having an item of clothing which you love, but secretly knowing they don't fit but youre not prepared to admit it!

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
I have a Norrona Recon jacket and would happily swap it for a Harkila. That doesn't mean I don't like the Norrona but have always liked the Harkila stuff aswell.

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
Yeh I have eyed the recon jacket in the past, on the ranges with a couple of dutch SF a couple of years ago who wore them...at the time i thought great army surplus cheap as :eek: I did however purchase the berghaus vulcan to replace my plce

Bonzodog, I am weary that with this durable material and goretex lining theyre going to be heavy and not breathable enough?? would you only get them out on the very wet and winter days or have you been comfortable in spring/summer as well?

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire

Don't worry - I have never taught Maths...barely passed O level...
But the jacket and trousers are great!

jungle_re

Settler
Oct 6, 2008
Cotswolds
yep as John will testify i have more than my fair share of Harkila stuff, and i tend to be fairly rough on my kit. Its expensive but will outlast nearly any other clothing ive had and it works well, the designs are normally top draw

Topcat1308

Tenderfoot
Feb 9, 2011
Wirral
How does it handle the odd ember or thorn??...spend a lot of time around camp fires and sick of hiking trousers melting

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
If the liner is a drop in goretex one, surely that would mean that the outer of the coat has to get absolutely sodden before the water is stopped by the liner ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE