Hard wearing trousers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
SunDog said:
I noticed a lot of guys wearing "Craghopper" trousers at the Bushmoot, all the same style and colour, maybe from a group buy in the past? Was wondering if anyone can tell me the type (kiwi maybe?) and colour? And cheapest place to buy them?! Any ideas?
Tom

tk-max usually have Craghopper trousers (both the zip-off leg type and full length type). I seem to remember them being around the £15 mark.

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
sandsnakes said:
Market stall Southall! Brave the crowds and a Saturday and there a few blokes selling kit. The important thing is to haggle, I gave the bloke a fresh spare coffee!

Also there are a couple of blokes on ebay selling new for a reasonable price about £16 for trousers.

Cheers

Sandsnakes :)

Camden Stables Market in that there London is very good for combat clothing on the cheap. Avoid the obvious fashion stalls who will charge over the odds and head to the guy near the furthest point. He is very cheap and a nice bloke to boot. He only does surplus but even when it was Uber trendy for High Street Darlings, he still kept the same cheap prices.

Saying that though, some of the Fashion stalls don't know what some of the surplus kit they have is worth. I picked up some DPM '95 goretex trousers for a fiver and jacket for £18. "Bah-gin Guv'ner"..

Of course, being a flash git myself, I had some S95 pattern trousers knocked up in Olive Green Ventile to match the SAS smock in the same fabric which is the same colour as my Craghoppers. Lovely Jubbly.. slight bit over the budget though, but if you really want some try SASSkit.com to see if they can do more.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
The 'pocket' detail on the Dickies means that the reinforced area is less stressed by bending the knee koint. This appears to increase the time before you're forced by rips to modify the trousers to shorts.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I use these, fairly cheap and really tough,

d6_2.JPG

had a pair for over a year now use them up the woods, gardening, working up my lakes the lot, not gone through the knees yet, and the guy gives good service, loads of different sizes available, blahde blahde blahde

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/6-Pocket-Army...7134933QQihZ007QQcategoryZ36158QQcmdZViewItem

Scally

C.E.S.L Notts explorers
Oct 10, 2004
uk but want to emigrate to NZ
thanks for the replys
was in CCC 's in sheffield yesterday.
craghopper kiwis on sale at £25.00 so i am trying a pair of these.

let you know how they go but from some of the comments seam to be a good starting block.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE