Hard anodized aluminium

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
I bought a cook set today made of hard anodized aluminium as i was going to get the MyTiMug which is £25, 110 grammes and 0.5 liters but the cookset i bought was £15, 200 grammes and 0.5 liter pan with a 0.25 liter lid which seems better
So does anyone have any experience with hard anodized aluminium and is it decent and also how would i go about cleaning it in the woods
Cheers :)

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
If you treat it as if it were non stick you won't go far wrong. I know it isn't, but hard scrubbing will eventually wear the coating.
Sponge only.

Thanks:) I was just wondering as i'm planning a long walk/camp, maybe longer than a week and will not have access to hot water (unless boil over fire and put into something) and it says to leave it to soak in hot soapy water

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Morpeth, Northumberland
Once you have cooked whatever you are cooking and eaten it out of the pot, put some water and a little Multi purpose soap (biodegradable of course) over the fire/stove and let it bubble away for 10 mins. Take it off the heat, allow to cool for a little then scrub with sponge.
Sparkling!!

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Once you have cooked whatever you are cooking and eaten it out of the pot, put some water and a little Multi purpose soap (biodegradable of course) over the fire/stove and let it bubble away for 10 mins. Take it off the heat, allow to cool for a little then scrub with sponge.
Sparkling!!

Thanks, will try that out :D
What about the outside of the pan?

mrmike

Sep 22, 2010
Morpeth, Northumberland
Probably just wipe the soot off with grass then put it in a plastic bag...

Or before using it, wipe a thin layer of washing up liquid over the outside, should help to stop the sooting.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Soot outside the pan won't do any harm, a bit of detergent and soft sponge for the inside, same as you would a pan at home.

beenn

Banned
Nov 16, 2009
South Wales
Soot outside the pan won't do any harm, a bit of detergent and soft sponge for the inside, same as you would a pan at home.

Thanks:) I just want to try and keep the outside reasonably clean as if im out for over a week i dont want other kit getting dirty :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE