Happy New Year

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I decided seeing as thought the Scottish New year meet was canceled and last year with me spending new Year in hospital that I really wanted to camp out even if that meant just a local night out :D

Headed up to my local spot just after 8pm and got all settled in for the night :D
PC310010.jpg

I wasn't taking any chances about being cold and got a good stock of wood cut for the night :rolleyes:
PC310007.jpg

time for a brew :D
PC310014.jpg

The good thing about my home made fire bowl is that you just hang your crusader cup on the side to boil and you can move it away for the heat just to keep it warm :)
PC310019.jpg

Time to stoke the fire up for a heat.
PC310030.jpg

A shot of camp in the daylight
PC310031.jpg

PC310035.jpg

The fire had been burning well i stoked it up before going to bed so I could watch it from the comfort of my hammock . There were only three little bits of un burned but charred logs left in the morning I was delighted to manage to get the fire going with just a ferro rod casting a spark onto theses and some kindling . had my morning brew and packed up camp I let the embers die down and put the rest out by doing what I normally do and filed my crusader cup with water and with an quickly made spatula shoveled the still burning coals in to it once the coals are soaked Through scatter by hand and repeat until done :)
PC310040.jpg

Camp all packed up
PC310041.jpg

A couple of views around the site
PC310043.jpg

PC310044.jpg

It was an excellent New Year just me the pheasants , fox and plenty of wood pigeons.

I hope everyone else had a great one to :D

Have a Great 2010 Cheers Russ

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Looks an excellent way to start the New Year :approve:

Thanks for the photos :cool: and all good wishes for all the very best for 2010 :D

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE