Hanging in Northamptonshire

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Ok so, after some disappointing trips out to the 2 regular places me and Jonbodthethird
are in need of some new places to hang.
We usually frequent Geddington area but one place is being thinned out and we have nowhere left to hang, the other area is a complete swamp.
Most of the woods in our local are owned by Boughton Estates and are full of shooting and pheasant feeders etc so they are not the best places to go.....unless you want accidentally shot.....

So i have again come to tap into the knowledge of you fine folks and ask if you know of any good places in Northants to hang?

Thanks

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Contact the gamekeeper for Boughton Estates, lay on thick your responsible attitude and how your random camping would be a deterrence to poachers.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
I have already tried with them and was told no due to them being a company and that i would need health and safety training etc and adding to there insurance.
Plus they shoot in all the woods they own.
We have just walked a few miles and found an abandoned farm and an old hay storage building.
We're currently hanging our hammock from the steel beams in the barn. No need for tarps due to the roof and the wall is blocking the wind........were into a winner here lol
y2yrapug.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Lol, good one !. Yes i used to know the assistant keeper on that estate, no chance. As MT606 says Corby way could be a winner, if you can avoid the rampant jocks.

Rob

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
Eerrrr I lived in corby most of my life........lmao
But im not Scottish. Just part of the 1% english in the whole town

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Some great land near Harrington and similar, there's a lot out Kettering Corby way if you get on the OS maps and google maps. Not been punted or accidentally shot yet and have had some brilliant time hammocking and bivvi'ing. Some great woods out Daventry Everdon way as well. I don't like Corby (no offence) but the land surrounding it is a nice place to be for hiking and not making it back to the car before dark when you're trying out your fully loaded bergen if you get me...

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
Lol, good one !. Yes i used to know the assistant keeper on that estate, no chance. As MT606 says Corby way could be a winner, if you can avoid the rampant jocks.

Rob

Of all the people to say that too you pick a corbyite! Lol.. Ey yoou wee shiite!! :D worked the doors there for a long time.. Good laugh was to be had there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 15, 2014
Kettering
I'm from Kettering have you tried the query between Kettering and Geddington ? There a foot path that runs a long side it which takes you to newton. I used to work on the estate foray years as a young lad and they don't take kindly to any one there at all especially the old bunkers as a lot of people kill them self there :( there's a grate please over rushed way if your intreated in a meet up I know the land owner I can as it privet woods with concrete roads.

Feb 15, 2014
Kettering
I was when I was younger but not much in the fast few years but I'm looking to start again I know a few good places around Kettering and rushden would to have a meet up with some locals.

RE8ELD0G

Settler
Oct 3, 2012
Kettering
You should come meet us. Were going out Thursdays but not sure where yet. Were still looking into a new camp site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE