Hangi risk assessment anyone?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
Better drowned than duffers, if not duffers won't drown.

Sorry, I know that doesn't help for legal purposes but I reckon that quote from one of the Swallows and Amazons books should be better known. I actually saw it used a couple of years ago when a farm opened his river for a swimming festival. Instead of the usual legal disclaimers they simply handed out slips with those words printed on them.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
Is that yes asked Roger? :)

Great Book
Correct. Those books were part of my childhood inspiration and I still have another quote lurking at the back of my memory that replays itself every time the opportunity to do something new and potentially silly crops up. It's from "We Didn't Mean to Go to Sea" and says "Daddy says, always take a chance and you'll never be sorry for a might-have-been." It's got me into all sorts of strange places and experiences and occasionally into trouble, but by heck, I don't have many might-have-beens to regret.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
A Hangi RA is I would think not common lol, Stew perhaps you could write what could well be the first on the matter?

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Well, a successful hangi run at work on Thursday. :D

If anyone needs any risk assessment help feel free to drop me a line.

Oh come on now, you know the BCUK credo, "if there are no pictures then it didn't happen":D Or at least tease us about how good it tasted!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cheers Stew that's cracking, and has as predicted made me feel hungry! You feel everything went to plan and was worth it? certainly looks it from the pictures.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Yep, all good!

There are a few little tweaks I would do to make it smoother but without a doubt, the food went down well!

3 hours of fire, 5 1/2 hours cooking and still very hot when dug up!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE