Handle Came Of My Mora

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
Trying to force a patina on my old Mora 511,went to pull it out of the spud and the handle came of in my hand
089bd10b7e29840a5a0e2c0829710a35_zpsa8b128da.jpg

pysen78

Forager
Oct 10, 2013
Stockholm
You now have a lovely blade to craft a handle for. Unless you really want the plastic one, then you should by a new complete knife. Not worth fuzzing over.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
There's a video on YT of a guy trying to remove the handle from a Mora, he starts with a 4lb hammer..nothing...he then goes on to use a grinder...get's it off but it was a mess..who knew the trick was to use a Potato..:lol:

Anyway, it'll be a lot nicer with a wood handle.

ps. is that a carbon blade.?

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
There's a video on YT of a guy trying to remove the handle from a Mora, he starts with a 4lb hammer..nothing...he then goes on to use a grinder...get's it off but it was a mess..who knew the trick was to use a Potato..:lol:

Anyway, it'll be a lot nicer with a wood handle.

ps. is that a carbon blade.?
To be fair the knife has had a lot of abuse over the years and yes it is a carbon steel blade
Andrew

delbach

Settler
May 21, 2005
N Wales
Ant pics of the Post Potato patina?.. Seen it done using cider vinegar..Blade was Black after a few dips.
The knife wasn't in the potato long enough,but I've glued the plastic handle back on for now and I'll give it a go tonight and I'll post pics in the morning
Andrew

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE