Handheld Carving Hatchet

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Handheld carving hatchet. Nice little user.

Basic 2mm veg tan leather mask. Hand sewn, dyed brown, beeswax burnished, neetsfoot.
Ash Handle, Ash wedge, treated with multiple coats boiled linseed oil.

I'm after a froe, draw knife, double bit axe head. [Ideally a froe and a draw knife without handles, or an adze I can refurb ]

BR1GANTES
[/URL][/IMG]

Photo next to GB SFA for scale.

BR1GANTES
[/URL][/IMG]

BR1GANTES
[/URL][/IMG]

BR1GANTES
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Lovely! would a 3 1\2 Lb Valley double bit in good shape be of interest Dave? and if so, would you be ok to wait till the start of next month to do the a deal? if not obviously its all good matey!:D

311501_10150391735654073_539479072_10126339_348168418_n.jpg

Dave,

Last edited:

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Hi mate.

That was quick!

Your double bit axe looks the part alright.

Do you mind if I chew on it for a day or two?

I just want to see if anyone has a froe or maybe an unhandled adze, or draw knife knocking about. If not, I'll very probably go for your double bit.

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
If Dave does not bite Southey I'd be interested in your double bit if you want to swap for one of my hatchets and I'll throw in a bill hook, you can pick from a picture of my collection at a later date, I have nine by the way.

Hay ho.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hi Dave,

I am so very sorry for the delay in posting the axe head off to you, It finally went on Saturday morning, I have PMd you with the tracking number, if it isnt what your looking for chap, let me know and I shall cover the cost of return post. :)

Dave,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE