Hand twist press eyelet setter - help needed!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
I picked up this at a carboot at the weekend as it looked very useful indeed!

It came with one set of eyelet setting dies, the top half of which has damaged threads. I'd like to use this for hole punching as well as eyelet setting but can't seem to find and hole punches to go in it! Doesn't help that I couldn't ID the manufacturer, but I think these are 99% a universal size for attachments. Does anyone know a decent place to get a few different eyelet setter, and some hole punch dies for this, preferably without breaking the bank. The ones I've found seem incredibly expensive!

Also the upper and lower halves don't seem to be the same size, does this look right to you lot?

The dies:

Any help would be hugely appreciated, I'm hoping to use this on a whole bunch a projects I've got lined up, if I can get it sorted :)

Many thanks,

James

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's an eyelet setter for tarps, canvas tents and sails.
I don't think they come with a cutter since some of the eyelets are 'self cutters'. Might be wrong about that though.
The top and bottom 'moulds' on my setters are different sizes because one goes inside the tube of the eyelet to stop it crushing askew, and helps it to crumple tidily and well shaped back on itself neatly trapping the fabric. The other completes the set and keeps the head of the eyelet in line and well shaped while it's being set and pressed firmly home.
Try and eyelet agin your pair and see if they line up like that.

No idea where you'd find spares though….Ian (bilmo-p5) has brilliant google fu for stuff like this, hopefully he'll spot the thread:D

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE