Hand Tooled Leather Barber Chair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jack5319

Sep 23, 2013
manchester
So this is the back piece of a barbers chair my old man has been doing, there's going to be some more tooled work on the rest of the chair which i will put on if people are interested in seeing the rest of the chair when its done. I can also get some pictures together of sheaths, belts, guitar straps etc. he has done if people care to take a look, a lot of the work is traditional floral patterns and one off custom pieces made to order.

Thanks for looking :)

initial outline in pen, now for cutting in...

near enough everything cut in and stamped out, lets get the dye out

all dyed up and antiqued too

TallTom

Forager
Mar 23, 2014
Surrey
Thats brilliant, id like to see some of the tools you use to cut as well if possible :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
We need to see the finished article. There's a lot of work gone into that tooling and carving! You could post some finished pics on a couple razor forums to get more thoughts. Something for the weekend sir? Very nice indeed, would love something like that in the shave den.

jack5319

Sep 23, 2013
manchester
We need to see the finished article. There's a lot of work gone into that tooling and carving! You could post some finished pics on a couple razor forums to get more thoughts. Something for the weekend sir? Very nice indeed, would love something like that in the shave den.

i will get it up once it is done.. whats the shave den then??

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
The shave den is where I shave lolz. I'm a bit ott with straight razors, honing stones, strops, brushes, soaps, aftershaves and the like. Always wanted a bad assed barber's chair and I like the idea of giving it a bit of attitude with a custom leather piece. Never thought of that so top marks for coming up with it!

jack5319

Sep 23, 2013
manchester
The shave den is where I shave lolz. I'm a bit ott with straight razors, honing stones, strops, brushes, soaps, aftershaves and the like. Always wanted a bad assed barber's chair and I like the idea of giving it a bit of attitude with a custom leather piece. Never thought of that so top marks for coming up with it!

ah right cool! do you have a page with pictures of your place on bud? it's all cool stuff though i love that stuff too! some great shops in Mayfair and on Bond Street where i could spend all day looking around. Not really purchasing though im not made of money, the most i bought was some moustache wax and aftershave...

jack5319

Sep 23, 2013
manchester
the chair has been finished for a couple of months now but completely forgot to put some pics on so for those who were interested in seeing the finished product here it is. Lots of hours went into the chair as you can appreciate. This is obviously a one-off design tailored to the customers business needs. He loves doing real traditional native floral designs which look amazing (i will get some pics) there isnt really a limit on designs he can do or what items he can do. Thanks for reading now for that chair!!

the man himself looking pretty damn chuffed with his work... well... wouldn't you?

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Very nice indeed, a lot of time and effort gone into that for sure! Thanks for sharing. That's a cool shop to be tooling in, complete with Cragar mag poster and vintage lids. Cragar SS mags were a staple on cars in the 80's where I grew up. I'll bet I'd enjoy hanging out with your Dad lolz. Top work there

jack5319

Sep 23, 2013
manchester
sasquatch if you are around the manchester area at any point you are more than welcome to come for a brew with us and check out our shack relicsnrust.com

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Would love to hang out with the bad guys, I'll be in touch when I'm up that way next. Might have to grab that Whisky and Tears shirt when I get paid next too if it's still about. I've really been struggling to get a proper welder's cap in the UK yet they are common place in North America. I noticed they're on Etsy and similar as apparently they're on trend with bikers and hipsters as well as welders now. Just an idea but they're not hard to make and would look good with your logo on them. Managed to source a few outlandish ones in the end but it wasn't easy! I still wear them for welding but might branch out a bit and be one of the kool kats for a laugh...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE