Hand Made Bushcrafter in O1 with Stellite Edge.

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Very Unusual one here..

Its a 3mm Woodlore style clone in O1 but has a Stellite edge hard faced onto the cutting edge.

4 inch blade.

Stellite being Extremely durable and tough, I have tested this and it came back from the field just as sharp as when i took it out.

The handles a Diamond Wood and can be removed with the Allen key that sits at the bottom of the kydex sheath.

The tang is full but has a slot in it that can house some tinder for emergencies..

There are no chips to the blade, the pics show the blade cutting into the wood.

Complete with kydex sheath and neck lanyard.

£75 via BT if poss. Paypal +4%. Up for trades on this one, decent trit watch, jackets etc..

Postage on me.

Last edited:

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Back up at £60..

The stellite is much tougher and holds a much better edge than the O1 folks.. It's used on digger buckets etc..

Cheers..

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Stellite comes 'Normally' in the form of say a welding rod, It is then literally welded /melted onto the steel, then this is ground sharp leaving a much much tougher product, its not cheap to do and requires quite a bit of time skill and effort, put it like this it would have been far easier to grind that bevel without the stellite attached.

campj

May 29, 2013
England
Ahh that makes sense
Does that cuse any issues (or need any special attention) with sharpening?

I'm looking for a knife for basic whittling and light battening
Will be carry it along with just a folding saw

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
It sharpens fine with a diamond sharpening stone.. But you will have to sharpen way less..

The stellite basically toughens and keeps the edge clean and free from oxidisation, you can therefore allow the rest of the knife to patina as you feel fit and still benefit from the superb fire steel striking abilities of O1, however the edge always remains keen and sharp..

Last edited:

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Last drop to £50 on this.. Basically the cost of the materials without the labour..
It is hand made and again a slot inside the scales and tang to store some emergency kit/tinder.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Damn, only just seen this and I've been looking for a good simple neck knife to suit my large hands.

Let me know if anything changes to bring it back available again.

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE