Hand Forged Firesteels

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
I am still waiting for my reply I hope there still some for sale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't worry Andy will get back to you. Factor in the time difference and this annoying thing called work which gets in the way of our Bushcraft.

I had to wait about a week for mine as he'd sold out and was busy making more.

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
I had two of these ( see earlier thread ) extremely happy all round. However, yesterday was the first chance to put them before two novice students... one had sparks flying from the off and smouldering charcloth after about 10 strikes. The other just needed a bit of guidance on strike angle and was also sparking like a good 'un thereafter.

Thats what they are supposed to do, so why the comment? Anyone who has tried various such set ups will have concluded not all are created equal. To have such first off results with complete novices speaks volumes.

Many thanks.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Can't wait to get mine as everyones feedback is as positive as it could be, i have one from fleabay too it's shaped like a bulls nose ring, i can get fire with it but it does as much flintknapping as it does create sparks onto my char cloth and is not my favourite tool to create an ember by a long way

I would really be interested to hear what you think of my steel. I put a lot of effort into hardening them right so it's not only the shape that matters. Cheers! :)

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
I had two of these ( see earlier thread ) extremely happy all round. However, yesterday was the first chance to put them before two novice students... one had sparks flying from the off and smouldering charcloth after about 10 strikes. The other just needed a bit of guidance on strike angle and was also sparking like a good 'un thereafter.

Thats what they are supposed to do, so why the comment? Anyone who has tried various such set ups will have concluded not all are created equal. To have such first off results with complete novices speaks volumes.

Many thanks.

That's great news, getting the angles right is the most difficult, the rest is adrenalin rushing not to burn your fingers!!! :D
Good students they are if they get it so easy! :)

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Thanks everyone and sorry to keep you waiting from time to time, there is a lot going on in my life at the moment :D :D Last sale before trip to Norway coming up soon and then a break for 2 months maybe.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Thanks everyone and sorry to keep you waiting from time to time, there is a lot going on in my life at the moment :D :D Last sale before trip to Norway coming up soon and then a break for 2 months maybe.

:yikes::yikes: Anyone sitting on the fench about this should get one before they go away for a while, maybe. You won't regret it, Andy makes a great striker.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Mine arrived today, sparks impressively, the fleabay bought one is getting returned to nature

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
arrived safe and sound - the speed surprised me a bit should be able to play at the weekend :)

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYyaya it has arrived and top quality can't Advise anyone to buy this kit more. It's a cheep but top quality kit. I am amazed at how you can turn this quality out at this price. Thankyou very very much. 100% feed back 👍👍👍

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYyaya it has arrived and top quality can't Advise anyone to buy this kit more. It's a cheep but top quality kit. I am amazed at how you can turn this quality out at this price. Thankyou very very much. 100% feed back 

That makes me wonder on my rates, but let's keep the things affordable! :D :D

metriaclima

Mar 10, 2014
stonnall, staffordshire
mine has arrived today, what can I say that hasn't already been said about your skills....... these are amazing for the price and a great addition to anyones kit, buy with confidence peoples.......... you are a true artisan, thank you

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE