Hand Forged Firesteel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Hello folk. :)

I have for sale these hand made fire steel sets. The steel itself is forged by me from carbon steel and gives out beautiful sparks. I do pack it up in a leather bag, with some charred cloth and flint for a start. That makes it a complete set for your adventures in fire lighting.

IMG_8591 by Andrius Milius, on Flickr

IMG_8607 by Andrius Milius, on Flickr

IMG_8639 by Andrius Milius, on Flickr

Specs:
The steel itself is about 9cm in length and 3cm in height with around 4mm in width. They do vary from piece to piece as I do not clone them and never try to, so you can choose from smallish to larger one if you like. If you want something special, just let me know and we'll work it out.

Price: 15 pounds a piece. P&P and Paypal fees included. Shipped worldwide.

Have a great day! Andy.

Attachments

• IMG_8590.jpg
    IMG_8590.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 46
Reactions: zornt

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Mine arrived today and even this hamfisted and dyspraxic old fella managed to easily set fire to the charcloth, which was a bit of a surprise as I was sat on the sofa in the lounge at the time and not for one second did I expect it to work so well. :lmao:

Thoroughly recommended and many thanks. :)

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Yes, I had a workshop this summer with some kids, making fires traditional way and to my surprise a 7 year old managed to catch a spark and then blow it in a "nest". And to a 10 year old it was next to nothing and after the workshop many thought that this was a very easy way to light a fire...... ???? it was not easy for me when I started many years back :D :D :D

tracker1972

Forager
Jun 21, 2008
Matlock
Got my set recently, never had a flint and steel before, so obviously just started whacking away. Second strike and there were huge sparks! Most satisfied with the little kit indeed :)

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE