hammok+basha

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jack29g

Forager
Sep 17, 2004
Leicester
i'm looking for a hammok and a basha for the summer moot. They need to be on a budget so i would say about £20-£35. any places to buy?

I use a Forstex hammock available form Soldier of Fortune for £15

http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/military/index.htm

It is a large hammock and very comfortable. I originally bought a Nomad hammock, but much prefer this one :D I recommend replacing the ropes with webbing though as It makes it easier to attach drip-lines ;)

I have also added a 3/4 length zip up the front so that I can enclose myself in it for a bit of added insulation :)

This is mine

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Lidl were selling hammocks a few weeks back, they might still be available. Cant remember the exact price but it was cheap and reasonably good.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
jack29g said:
i'm looking for a hammok and a basha for the summer moot. They need to be on a budget so i would say about £20-£35. any places to buy?

Jack, if you want you can try out a couple at the moot, see what you like etc. Dave from Bush Kit as kind enough to send a couple of Pods for people to try out last year, they'll be there, and a couple of Hennessey’s amongst others. SO, don't feel you have to rush out and buy, use what we've got before you make up your mind :D

Although they're all over £35! Be worth you having something to compare though...

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Or of course you could go into the diy tutorials here and make your own. Dead easy and dirt cheap for a nice comfy hammock.

luxor1

May 23, 2005
exeter
if you just want something cheap to start you off try army surplus stores.
endicotts in exeter did have some cheap hammocks for £6.99

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
luxorone said:
if you just want something cheap to start you off try army surplus stores.
endicotts in exeter did have some cheap hammocks for £6.99
... if you don't mind them being mesh ones. I don't like them because they're impossible to get in and always roll up in the night and dump you on the ground... plus asyms are kinder on your back. But I agree it's a good budget choice.

luxor1

May 23, 2005
exeter
arctic hobo said:
... if you don't mind them being mesh ones. I don't like them because they're impossible to get in and always roll up in the night and dump you on the ground... plus asyms are kinder on your back. But I agree it's a good budget choice.
ooops.
i must admit i have not slept in mine yet, though i dont have any trouble getting into it.
rolls up and dumps you on the ground you say?
hmmm.
ha, ha, any one want to buy a cheap hammock?

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
luxorone said:
ooops.
i must admit i have not slept in mine yet, though i dont have any trouble getting into it.
rolls up and dumps you on the ground you say?
hmmm.
ha, ha, any one want to buy a cheap hammock?
:D It's not that bad. I think the best thing to to is tie out the sides with two bits of string and pegs. That way it is held open so you can get in without having to hold it - otherwise it is just like a rope. Alternatively, when you're in, tie a bit of string from the edges over your chest, so the edges don't retreat under your body back to their rope shape... or else you'll be on the floor :eek: I'd also recommend pitching it tight so you have a nice straight back :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE