Hammocks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andywragg

Forager
Jun 9, 2016
Sheffield UK
I have 2 hammocks, The Tenth Wonder Green Hornet (double zip version) and the Tenth Wonder Compact Hammock. When there's a chance of bugs I use the Green Hornet as it has the integral mosquito net and in winter I use the Compact - just a basic double layered gathered end hammock. It allows me to carry more insulation.

Most of the guys I camp with use DD Frontline Hammocks. I prefer the TW Green Hornet over the DD Frontline as the supplied suspension system is better in my opinion (25mm webbing as opposed to 'rope'), and the mozzy net suspension is a little better too. All you need to add is a couple of lightweight climbing grade carabiners.

The Compact is supplied with the same rope as the DD hammocks but I use 25mm tree huggers I bought extra.

I use the Snugpak underblanket as my research concluded it was the better of the 2 (DD being the other) in that price bracket and spec.

Check out my You Tube Video that I shot when I first got them both.

[video=youtube_share;TICC73eIZ3c]https://youtu.be/TICC73eIZ3c[/video]

As for tarps I have both DD and Tenth Wonder 3 x 3 tarps. The DD is the Multicam and the Tenth Wonder is the Cornelius in olive green. The TW has the edge over the DD as it has presewn loops on the underside of the tarp for mozzy nets and also pockets behind the guy line loops for storing guy lines. If money was available I'd probably get a larger tarp for winter use, but I can get by with 3x3 for now.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Controversial given the amount of love they get, but I'm not a fan of DD hammocks if I'm honest. I think they're too short and too narrow to enable a comfortable sleeping position (on the diagonal across the hammock). For the past two years I've been useing a Woodsman hammock by UK Hammocks. It's the same as the woodsman x that's advertised on his website but without the bug net and about £60 cheaper at £35. Amazing bit of kit tho.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've been happy with my tenth wonder UL [I have three, one permanently setup in the house, one semi-permanently in the garden and one in a day bag] I also got one of their UL XXL which allows for a better diagonal lay but you need a longer tarp to comfortably cover the ends, so I got TW Sargasso tarp. I also Have a DD UL 3x3 tarp.

Someone mentioned Climbing grade crabs, I found the DD UL crabs are excellent - not as highly weight rated as a climbing crab but smaller and a lot lighter and the end when open tapers smoothly so pulling it through webbing when used as a spike in a marlin spike hitch for hanging the hammock is really easy.

Best of all the TW UL is really really cheap so not much lost if you don't like it...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE