Hammocks.. The final decider!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Which is it?

• Total voters

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Never did decide which to get. :D

Did pick up one of Magikelly's 15 quid ones along the way somewhere though. I seem to stick to my tipi for the most part though.

Don Redondo

Forager
Jan 4, 2006
NW Wales
I have the Hennessy Hammocks Explorer Asym, I have pimped it with a Hex Fly and suitable snake skins :morpheus: . I also use a group buy underblanket :rolleyes: .

It is the puppy's parts.

I have only spent three or four nights in it since I have owned it (over a year now). The best nights sleep you can have out of doors.

Stewey.:D

something similar.... but with the group buy Takonta which if anything is too big. The tarp lives in the snake skins on it's own whilst the hammock, with underblanket attached goes in it's own compression sack.

It leaves the better option of just putting the tarp up when needed.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I keep hearing about these 'snake skins' can anyone shed some light on what they are :11doh:

The snake skins are basicly long slightly tapered waterproof material tubes that slide onto the line of your hammock (big ends meeting) and cover it so it wont get dirty or wet while you hang it . Here they are at the bottom of the page .
Pumbaa

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hi Matt,

Snakeskins are tapered tubes which act as a stuff sack for a hammock. I'm pretty sure that there's a video on the Hennessy site - if memory serves it's a mediocre vidoe but it explains the process more easily than I can (snakeskins are at the bottom of the page): http://hennessyhammock.com/new-products.html

Sorry pumbaa I got pulled away from the computer and didn't realise that you'd posted.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
.... and if you've not voted in that particular poll you can see who has by clicking on the results, work out who it was and then shout at them for reserecting an old thread :D

wentworth

Settler
Aug 16, 2004
Australia
Whoops! didn't realise the thread I was replying to was 2 yrs old.... that would be why the poll doesn't include certain new hammocks :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE