Hammocks Help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought a DD camping hammock without fly off ebay for £16, and recieved two in the post :) ! I am 6ft 3 and weigh 15/16stone, the hammock is fine and comfy for me. I spoke to dd about the size and weight issue and the camping model is larger than the travel hammock, it actually accomodates people up to 6ft 4 and 150kgs (would be a tight fit though).

They currently have a november sale on, as they are updating some of there models and designing a more hardwearing tarp to go with there travel hammock, net combo, the new hammocks will also be sligthly longer. Perhaps you could wait around for one of these.

For a tarp I just use the current large army issue basha which works out fine for me. You can put a matt in between the enlcosures, and use a sleeping bag if you wish.

I think for the money they are great, and easily compete with £70+ hammocks that are out there. *advertising of personal goods removed*

I also have a terra nova quaser, which I rarely use now! Hammocks and tarps are the way forward! You just have to play around, hook up some karabiners for easy set up, set the leg end slightly higher for comfort, and it kicks the **** out of any tent sent up for comfort.

*advertising of personal goods removed*

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Sorry Buckley, but you cannot advertise goods outside of the Members' Classified section. I have edited your post accordingly.
Please read:
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/community/showthread.php?t=45

see

Guidelines for BushcraftUK members:
You are not permitted advertise personal items for sale or trade outside of the members classifieds or swap shop areas of the forum (these areas are covered by their own set of rules and guidelines)

Thanks

buckley

Nomad
Nov 8, 2006
United Kingdom
Sorry about the advertisement didn't realise the rules. I can't sell it anymore, as I have to return it having just recieved an email stating that dd hammocks have recieved a message from a member of BCUK that I was trying to sell the hammock! The marvels of modern day communications, hey!

Seriously though, dd are a great company and I feel a little bad about trying to sell it now, I didn't have a return address though, honest! Hope my karma stays in tact.

Sorry to all those that I have offended, wasn't intentional. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE