hammock weight limit

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

big_daddy_merc

Forager
Apr 9, 2007
chesterfield
does anyone know the weight limits for general use hammocks?
Only asking as I'm not the lightest of blokes and it's no good me getting one if I can't use it:D.
And the last thing I need is going to sleep in the air in my hammock and waking up on the floor:lmao:

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
er...dunno about 'gen' use' sah....but a hennessy expo be rated fer 16 stone.....S' why I had t' lay orf the biscuits fer a few weeks....lol....
''Can't eat on an empty stomach''

ferrol

Tenderfoot
Nov 14, 2006
in my head
Most are about 150KG or above.

DD Hammocks are rated to 150KG anyway.

You should be fine though, unless your an average American :p
(sorry couldn't resist)

ferrol

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I use a DD and I'm around the 17 stone - approx 108Kg mark. I just find that the tapes stretch that bit more than when the kids are in it ;) . Basically if you set the hammock nice and taut at chest height (I know it's a bit of a maul getting in initially) then you'll be right.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I hope this won't turn into an "I'm bigger than you" thread - but at 125kg, I'm happy in my hammock. I've seen some hammocks rated up to 350 lbs.(around 160kg) If your still concerned, have a look at Imrisk.com and note how simply hammocks can be made - then it'll just be a case of buying strong enough material, you'll end up with something a lot cheaper than a Hennesy.

ATB

Ogri the trog

I was 20 stone when I first used a hammock but i'm now lighter after some weightwatchers classes! :lmao: So don't worry about weight, the hooks may bend slightly but replace them with carabinas and you'll be fine. I bought climbing tape slings for £6 each from tisos as these are safer/stronger than the ropes.

Like folk have said before, the hammock should be as taught as you can possibly get it and at least chest height. the easy way to get in for big guys...is to lean across the hammock with your chest, face down and lift your legs and drop in. It's much easier to get out this way to, lie on your stomach in the hammock, drop a leg over the side and stand up!

oops56

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 14, 2005
proctor vt.
This how i get in mine back up to it pull down below to the bend of the leg sit in it then up with legs works for me.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE