Hammock underquilt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I've got 3/4 length and some elastic made by one of the guys on the forum. Currently stored hanging in my loft. Blue with silver liner, think it's ripstock with siberian down fill. Can't remember the 'full' spec. Works lovely, but at 6ft 4ins I found my legs got a little cold in -5'c. I've had a custom hammock which is about 2x the size of the average so it no longer works for me. I'm looking for £50 (not inc P&P). I'm going to the moot if you are too...

Cade

Life Member
Apr 27, 2012
Bristol
Tim

how much does it pack down to?, I won't be able to get to the moot either ...... anychance of finding out how much the P&P would be so i can make a decision?

Cade

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
it packs down tiny. I use a small stuffsack to compress it completely down and it's very light. When I used it with my hennessy asym it was good and warm. I'll get it down from the loft and pack it in/get it weighed. It's always been hung after use (only been used a couple of times and kept dry).

Might need to shake the stuffing about a bit, but the loft is fine.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
unsponsored, that's the guy who made it (been thinking about that all day!)

I'll take some pics

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
if the op doesnt take it i will ,i cant get any contact with unsponsored and i am desparate for one to go with the wbbb, atb wayne

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
438g

y5atupeb.jpg

4u4yhene.jpg

ese2ygy5.jpg

ynunuhuh.jpg

Probably could compress it better in a sac, but don't have one for it, usually just stick it in with the hammock.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Royal Mail signed 1st class is £6.75 for a medium parcel. About 35p less for 2nd class unless you have a preferred/cheaper signed for service you know of!

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Would like to bump this thread too as I am in the market for a down underquilt!!

If you do manage to get hold of him Mereside could you possibly tell him I am on the lookout for 1 too?

Cheers
Steve

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Yeah they're all a fix it up and see idea. The idea is to get it to stay put, but the bungles allow it to stretch around the bottom of the hammock without compressing it. I stuck a load of elastic in it, far more than you'll ever need!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE