Hammock rope

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ehedwr

Apr 17, 2007
Pontypool
I have been using my DD hammock for 2 years and loving it, I changed the flat rope/tape supplied when I first had it for 9mm purlon (the original was too short).

However I find the 9mm rope a bit cumbersome and bulky, especially for tying on to the shackles I have fitted to my hammock.

Was thinking about buying some 7mm purlon but couldn't help wondering what you fine people here use. And I have also considered getting some sort of webbing or slings to wrap around the tree trunks.

Any recommendations?

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
A cheaper alternative is to buy the 1" wide car load straps from Halfords - I tie a boline at the desired point along the strap and hook my hammock into it with a carabiner.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I..... And I have also considered getting some sort of webbing or slings to wrap around the tree trunks.

Any recommendations?

Any builders merchant, agricultural store or hardware shop should stock webbing "ratchet straps", I got an 8 meter one for about a fiver last year and its just the job for my hammock (and I aint no lightweight :cool: )

ATB

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE