Hammock mozzie net support mod... DD, Tenth Wonder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
Just completed a quick mod today, as the first thing to come out of my tenth wonder last year was the rather long one piece alloy poles fitted, so it would pack down to a decent size...
Used thin branches for a month or two, then turned the hammock over for the winter.

Well its mozzy/midgie season again, so half an hour with a dremmel and some salvaged tent poles and job done!

The poles pack down to around 7" and no more branch hunting :)

21ngw0n.jpg

11tpx5g.jpg

If the loops are open on the ends, such as the DD (mine came stitched) someone already came up with a good idea of cable ties clamped around the pole edges/outers-
to hold the outer loops from slipping inwards.

A length of shock cord was fitted internally with a small SS washer eather end, to stop the knot pulling through, keeping the poles together when packed.

Hope this was of use to someone!

It go's without saying about a suitable rated dust mask and safety glasses if you are using a dremmel/saw.

al.

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
You got what you needed then? Nice looking conversion, and probably saves weight as well as pack size.

If you got any fabric from those tents I might be interested in a bit.

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
It kept me amused yesterday collecting them, and today making :)

Well, the best part of an hour all in anyway's! There's quite a bit of fabric, in two places.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE