Hammock Down Underquilt/Blanket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
This one is a bit of a winter monster with well over 380g of 800+ fill hungarian goose down (no feathers). The loft is huge.

pbpic4478525.jpg

pbpic4478536.jpg

Construction is similar to my other quilts. It is constructed out of black ripstop outer (with a lightweight silver coating inside to help reflect heat back in) and ripstop pertex microlight inner. This means the outer is tough and water resistant and the inner allows for a smaller pack size, is much softer against the skin/hammock, quiet and most importantly is breathable.

pbpic4478529.jpg

pbpic4478518.jpg

Bungee cords are about to be fitted either end with colour coded cordlocks. Black grosgrain tabs on each corner for you preferred suspension system.

pbpic4478527.jpg

pbpic4478512.jpg

This is a true 3/4 underquilt measuring 127 x 108cm with equal six baffles. Length equates to shoulders to mid calf for me (6ft 1")

Cost £110 inc of special delivery (£7) and packaging.

Last edited:
Lovely job, been looking around for an under quilt, got a DD frontline hammock, and been looking at DD's new under quilt, looks very thin though compared to your one! more like an under blanket than a quilt! Amazing size with the goose down! Gona have to save up I think!.. Do you know if it fits the DD's well?, what is the compressed pack size like?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got one of Phils underquilts and they're very nice bits of kit, a quarter of the weight of the Snugpak one and probably packing down to about a third of the size.
Phil's are only a 3/4 length though compared to the full length Snugpak, they sit very nicely from aorund the shoulders to just below the knees.

Cheers Shewie, should be perfect, at my last weekend meet in my DD hammock (-2), my thermarest slipped from under me, and my shoulder froze!! Had a 3 season sleeping bag, plus a thermal top on, but as you know, bags compress on the inside of hammocks from your weight! Couldn't move my arm/shoulder all morning and had to retreat to the car to warm up!! What with a 3x3 tarp above, didnt want to risk a long fire next to me! Bummer!!

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
The 3/4 takes care of just that issue. Keeps your shoulder down to below your knees snug ( depending on your height) and then use a rucksack, extra clothing, thermarest for your feet. Keeps the pack size down as well. I'm coming from the ultralight backpacking side of things rather than bushcraft side so am looking for best weight/size vs warmth.

I can build ones to order. I have built 2 x 210 full size models, although I need a break before dealing with one that size again. I have also built several 160cm models (one of which Shewie has - thank you for the kind words!)

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
Wow - loving your work!! I use a Dent-Willoughby Coccoon which I like very much but had to comment on this little number; I can only guess at how warm it must be... nice kit mate

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE