Hammock camping with Child

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Taking out the child for her first hammock camping,

Someone suggest please a commercial site/farm etc where this is possible. The wife is nervous about me taking her wild camping, and i think child would feel safer at a proper site,.

ive looked a at few site on net, but all are tent only so far.

looking for around dublin/wicklow/kildare kinda distance.

Thanks

Laurence

numpty

Feb 7, 2009
mansfield
depending on age of your child and how well they taking instruction . i wouldnt see a problem with wild camping my two girls are 5 and 8 never had a problem wild camping . id check out where best to take them first check out a good site and make sure the weather will be reasonable .

preacherman

May 21, 2008
Cork, Ireland
Hi Loz, long time no see :)

Have you thought about asking Carrig Dulra if they will let you stay there. I know they offered use of their site to the bushcrfat club recently. Worth a try anyway.

loz.

Settler
Sep 12, 2006
Dublin,Ireland
www.craobhcuigdeag.org
Hi Andrew,

Were off to Dulra May2/3 for the family weekend, looking for somewhere else during April !

Anyway - Iv'e given up on official sites, so were going to go wild,

So looking forsomewhere - walking distance from good car parking, say near Enniskerry village etc............( NOT Crone Car Park ! - i like my windows in one peice )

Anyone ?

Pict

Settler
Jan 2, 2005
Central Brazil
clearblogs.com
The first few times I took my daughter hammock camping (9) I rigged the hammocks up so they would be side by side under the same tarp. That worked well to calm her fears as I was within arms reach the whole time. We were in very wild areas as well and she handled it just fine. It was a big step for her later when I took her out and set her hammock up a short distance away. Mac

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
Hi Loz, you would probably be safer wild camping anyway. You will have less of a chance of anyone coming around. The only problem is that your daughter will probably then refuse to go anywhere near a camp site again! One taste of he wild and youre hooked!:D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE