Half-Goat 'Dreadhead' Custom Satchel

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Hello, everyone. I'm delighted to have received Hamish's newest project, a custom satchel.

The pictures I took are of poor quality, but that's the best I've got as my good camera is playing up.

We talked a lot about what type of bag I wanted and we finally came to this design.

The text: "Oakenwise" and "Remember the men from whom you are descended"

The symbol in the middle is what is known in the game World of Warcraft as a hearthstone. I choose to fill the gap in the middle with this image because this particular rune in the game magically teleports you to your home, such as an inn. Such is the woodsman's way of yearning for a good rest in the nearest inn or tavern after a long trek in the wild.

nfQ9a7F.jpg

E7Doa41.jpg

1VLVC7u.jpg

FqdsVcT.jpg

Great work Hamish!

Last edited:

vizsla

Native
Jun 6, 2010
Derbyshire
That looks Awsome mate, can someone please explain to me what world of Warcraft is as it keeps cropping up? Thanks

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Raised the bar......again ! FIERCE

Yeah, just when you sort of expect the usual good standard from someone's work they go and throw a spanner in the works and improve. :lmao:Well done Hamish, that's just gorgeous!!

That's a really nice satchel THOaken and a well thought out theme for it too. Be sure to show pictures of it in a couple of years once it's all broken in.

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
That looks Awsome mate, can someone please explain to me what world of Warcraft is as it keeps cropping up? Thanks

It's a very, very popular Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying video game that was released way back in 2004, friend. At its peak it had about 11 million players. The total number of players these days is around, oh, 8-10 million. It's still going strong. I started playing when I was twelve years old. I'm now almost twenty. I can't say I'm all that interested in the "gameplay" of it. It gets repetitive after many years of play. I'm just fond of the mythology and lore of the game world.

Last edited:

THOaken

Native
Jan 21, 2013
England(Scottish Native)
Thanks, Biker. Will do!

One little issue with the satchel, which was probably my fault during the conception of its design, is that it's a tad smaller than I had at first thought. Luckily I can fit most of my Bushcraft equipment in there. Mora knfie, Bacho folding saw, fire steel and striker , and my glasses case (or a small book). That's all I really need.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE