Haix Boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Brown Haix high liability boots size 8 medium 55 posted

Worn about three times from new, tad tight for me

Last edited:

pedrodog66

Jun 9, 2014
Dalgety Bay
Bump for a great pair of boots. As an aside and probably a stupid question but have you tried them without the insole bud, might remove some of that tightness?

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Bump for a great pair of boots. As an aside and probably a stupid question but have you tried them without the insole bud, might remove some of that tightness?

Thanks mate,aye, i put my own type in my boots anyway.

Must be someone needing them, surely?

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
I remember being tempted when I saw your original post and I must admit my resolve is weakening...

As part of this transaction, can I blame you for when SWMBO gives me a hard time for buying "yet another pair of boots" swiftly followed by "next you'll be off buying rucksack number 17, tent number 5 and/or hammock number 9"?

Any suggestions for how I can justify purchasing these are gratefully accepted. I've discovered "It/They was/were a bargain!" apparently only applies to handbags (although this excludes maxpedition versipacks it seems) and "They were to die for!" only works for Betty Jacksons/Laboutins/etc and not Haix Boots. Additionally "It was too good a deal to miss" only applies to items purchased from TK Maxx by some designer I've never heard of (although fortunately is occasionally allowed for the Craghoppers end of season sales).

The kids are now back at school with all uniforms purchased and there seems to be enough food in the freezer (and a full bottle each of whisky and spiced rum in the rack) to get me through to payday. I may also have to ensure I have enough money left to buy impromptu bunches of flowers (or conversely afford a return busfare to a local accident blackspot) and it's likely I'll have to watch a few films involving Sandra Bullock/Tatum Channing/Channing Tatum and/or that guy with the wonky nose to make up for this.

Please, before I change my mind, pm me details of how to send you some money for this purchase that I will continue to pay for long after I've sent you the money...

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I remember being tempted when I saw your original post and I must admit my resolve is weakening...

As part of this transaction, can I blame you for when SWMBO gives me a hard time for buying "yet another pair of boots" swiftly followed by "next you'll be off buying rucksack number 17, tent number 5 and/or hammock number 9"?

Any suggestions for how I can justify purchasing these are gratefully accepted. I've discovered "It/They was/were a bargain!" apparently only applies to handbags (although this excludes maxpedition versipacks it seems) and "They were to die for!" only works for Betty Jacksons/Laboutins/etc and not Haix Boots. Additionally "It was too good a deal to miss" only applies to items purchased from TK Maxx by some designer I've never heard of (although fortunately is occasionally allowed for the Craghoppers end of season sales).

The kids are now back at school with all uniforms purchased and there seems to be enough food in the freezer (and a full bottle each of whisky and spiced rum in the rack) to get me through to payday. I may also have to ensure I have enough money left to buy impromptu bunches of flowers (or conversely afford a return busfare to a local accident blackspot) and it's likely I'll have to watch a few films involving Sandra Bullock/Tatum Channing/Channing Tatum and/or that guy with the wonky nose to make up for this.

Please, before I change my mind, pm me details of how to send you some money for this purchase that I will continue to pay for long after I've sent you the money...

You can borrow my almost foolproof method, whenever you but duplicate kit make sure it does 1 thing marginally better than the rest of them and say it has some hyper specific purpose that you absolutely 110% needed or would have been unable to carry out the task without it, then bore the ****e out of them demonstrating and talking through specifics. Better still, hide it in the shed and NEVER let the keys out of your sight.
Cracking set of boots you've got yourself there if I was an 8 I would have taken them. Alas, in a 14 your options are limited!

pedrodog66

Jun 9, 2014
Dalgety Bay
tell SWMBO that you swapped them for three of the items you apparently, in her eyes, have too many of. This way you look like you are streamlining your collection with something that will "be useful for the winter"....... Nae chance of getting away with that but at least worth a try!

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Currently wearing my lovely new boots now that I've been able ti escape work and pick them up from the post office.

Many thanks to Barn Owl for getting them off to me so quickly (posted Monday, card arrived Tues - only weak link in the chain was me trying to get to the post office to get them as I kept getting stuck at work.

Stunning pair of boots in perfect condition, one of the comfiest pairs of boots I ever owned. Dying to get out with them as soon as I can

Cheers

NS40

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE