hairy biker bowls

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I don't normally work Sundays unless at a show but today I had a rush job on and made a pair of bowls and spoons for BBCs hairy bikers.
Nest week they are filming at HMS Victory and needed some appropriate tableware so this morning I started with a beech log and cherry log and this afternoon I had a pair of nice bowls and spoons.
IMG_7536.jpg

Having made them I decided they were too nice to send off without a test drive, daughter had been making fresh basil pesto.
IMG_7544.jpg

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Superb bowls Robin, like those a lot, we were headed to Portsmouth again next week to go on Victory, but if that lot are headed there as well, i think ill go elsewhere, we thought about going last week and didnt because the Beeb were on Warrior, been caught out like that before, really limits your trips as the Beeb seem to dictate to these people.

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Superb bowls Robin, like those a lot, we were headed to Portsmouth again next week to go on Victory, but if that lot are headed there as well, i think ill go elsewhere, we thought about going last week and didnt because the Beeb were on Warrior, been caught out like that before, really limits your trips as the Beeb seem to dictate to these people.
Victory has 300,000 visitors a year I doubt even the beeb will be booking it out for long, probably do all their filming in a short slot beginning or end of day.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
that's what we thought with Warrior last week, we phoned the vistor centre when we found out the beeb were there and they basically said "dont bother, try again another day", it doesnt matter though as ive been loads of times before and it's less than 30 miles down the coast, plus the ticket we have is valid until next August, so it's not really an issue, just an annoyance, we will just go and do something else and stay away while that lot are in town, gives us something to do in Half Term later in the year as well.

Last edited:

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
Nice lads actually, got their latest cookbook signed for my mum when they were round last time.
actually the cook books are great too, has anyone tried the mud pie recipe? it is without doubt the sure fire way to a heart attack but worth every bite!
hope you get a mention on the show robin!

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Nice lads actually, got their latest cookbook signed for my mum when they were round last time.
actually the cook books are great too, has anyone tried the mud pie recipe? it is without doubt the sure fire way to a heart attack but worth every bite!
hope you get a mention on the show robin!
No mentions, this is the BBC, no product placement, advertising, endorsement or any of that stuff. They are not even buying them, I am doing them on loan but no doubt my biker bowls will sell when I get them back.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE