Hadrians Wall Walk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Harmonica

Forager
Jul 16, 2006
Clara Vale, Tyne and Wear
Hi,

had an idea the other day while walking (the mighty distance of about half a mile) home from the train station that it would be nice to walk the Hadrians Wall Trail. Some friends did it last year in 3 days as part of training for an RAF Deathmarch. I was thinking 6 or 7 days is more fun (less pain).

Just wondering if anyone has tried it/done it loved it/hated it? All suggestions comments and recomendations are welcome!
:)

Bhod

Forager
Feb 2, 2007
North Tyneside
Will be doing it later this year myself. We (my wife and i) have a head start really seeing as we live in Wallsend :). Have a look at the website @ http://www.nationaltrail.co.uk/hadrianswall/ and pick up the free info pack and passport. They reckon an experienced walker should be able to complete it and get to see some of the attractions along the way in 6 days, giving an average daily walk of 15 miles per day.

Whilst long distance walking can be fun, it is also very tiring and at times can be almost soul destroying, i speak from past experience of, three aided Lyke Wake walks, two unaided ones and a there and back crossing to boot. Know your limits and most of all do some preparation and training.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE