Had a great day at the Bootsale yesterday!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi all

some of the stuff I found at my local bootsale :bigok:

Gorgeous Vintage Les Paul style guitar- cleaned up lovely and plays dead creamy :cool:

Bargain at £15!! :Wow:

VintageLesPaul4_zps10d2450d.jpg

BSA Scorpion in .22....

BSAScorpion01_zps6624a276.jpg

Nice Armani watch, fantastic quality case/bracelet ;)

Needs a clean and a battery, a 616 instead of the dead common 626 (have hundreds of them but not one 616- typical!)

Armani1_zps681b3882.jpg

Armani2_zpsed5cce31.jpg

Three little axes, only paid a couple of quid each!!

CBA1_zps999bdddb.jpg

Enjoyed my morning out :D

John :)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Jammy rotter! ;)

Some people have no idea how much their unwanted goods are worth to us wombles..!

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Here's some more axes that I bought a few years ago too!!

axecol.jpg

L to R-

Plumbs US 1942 (military axe I was told)..
Speare & Jackson made here in Sheffield!
Swift (also made here in Sheff!!)
Kent pattern, not sure where it was made :confused:

A few more bootsale bargains had over the years!!

Herbertz Boot knife??

abootknife2.jpg

I paid £25 for this home made guitar but it came in a fab Selmer croc hardcase!!

bootygeetar3-1.jpg

£25 paid for this Marshall DSL401 combo though it needs to go in as the valves are burnt and need replacing/biasing, still a heck of a bargain as these are still being made and cost £600 :yikes:

ama01.jpg

Harmony Sovereign- a good blues-y acoustic for £14! the bloke in front of me wouldn't buy it because the seller wouldn't knock him a quid off! :rofl:

HS1_zps3c9e9b40.jpg

1960 Hofner President with after market Framus pickup fitted, paid £30 for this and really felt like I stole it!! :bandit:

Hof10_zps65b8a889.jpg

Hof1_zps3f6add98.jpg

I've had all manner of tools, knives, lanterns, SLR Cameras etc over the years from the bootsales but will be needing a bigger house eoon as it's filling up at a steady rate!! :D

Cheers, John :)

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Blimey.....far better carboots up there! All the ones I go to seem to have complete and utter carp for sale

Although I did get a Burco blowtorch for a tenner the other week :)

Love the Horned and the Marshall amp!

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Lol.. Wow.

Some people amaze me!

How does the scorpion shoot?? ;)

Hi Samon

We have some great bootsales around Sheffield, had literally thousands of good finds over the years :bigok:

Blimey.....far better carboots up there! All the ones I go to seem to have complete and utter carp for sale

Although I did get a Burco blowtorch for a tenner the other week :)

Love the Horned and the Marshall amp!

Hi Swotty

The Blowtorch sounds great mate ;)

Not sure what the 'Horned' is (Typo??) (EDIT- unless you mean the white guitar with the two 'horns' )

Cheers, John

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Hi Samon

We have some great bootsales around Sheffield, had literally thousands of good finds over the years :bigok:

Hi Swotty

The Blowtorch sounds great mate ;)

Not sure what the 'Horned' is (Typo??) (EDIT- unless you mean the white guitar with the two 'horns' )

Cheers, John

Ah! Spellcheck! Horned should have read 'Hofner' :lmao:

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Harmony Sovereign- a good blues-y acoustic for £14! the bloke in front of me wouldn't buy it because the seller wouldn't knock him a quid off! :rofl:

HS1_zps3c9e9b40.jpg

1960 Hofner President with after market Framus pickup fitted, paid £30 for this and really felt like I stole it!! :bandit:

Hof10_zps65b8a889.jpg

Hof1_zps3f6add98.jpg

Very nice, i would have taken the guys arm off at them prices!

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Some cracking finds there, some great little axes!

The car boots up,our way are usually full of tat, it's rare to find something nice- yours looks to be a good one! :)

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Hi all

I bought a cell for the watch, it was a pretty rarely used 616 cell rather than the 'common as muck' 626!!

I polished the case and bracelet with my Dremel and it came up a treat!!

EA2_zps4417ce8d.jpg

EA1_zps78d92ef8.jpg

EA3_zpsef20b71f.jpg

I'm going to have top remove the movement to clean the dial and inside of the crystal as there's some lint inside :( The case back wasn't fitted correctly when I bought the watch so it could have been stood for ages letting the muck in!!

The watch is keeping excellent time so it doesn't seem to have penetrated the movement!!

Cheers, John :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Your beating me, I see

all I found today was 3 small plastic containers, some sealant and a can of PVA glue....

johnbaz

Nomad
Mar 1, 2009
Sheffield, england.
www.flickr.com
Your beating me, I see

all I found today was 3 small plastic containers, some sealant and a can of PVA glue....

Didn't have a great day this week :(

Only managed an air pistol (Bugger had done his homework and knew roughly what to ask for it :( )

It's a Walther LP2 match pistol, shoots very well but the barrel release lever has be broken, it can still be used though!!

WaltherLP2a_zpsd6248cef.jpg

WaltherLP2c_zps596e9f4e.jpg

WaltherLP2d_zpsf1956458.jpg

Also bought a Guitar effects pedal, an overdrive unit called 'Big Muff' :yelrotflm

DSC_0744_zpsfdf1ed23.jpg

Couldn't believe that when I plugged it in, it actually worked!! :approve: for my 50p I get a very overdriven sound plus endless sustain!!!

That was all I managed :p

BTW, The3 pistol takes my tally back up to 117 mixed pistols and rifles!!!

John :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE