Gunpowder

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
A relative of mine lost both his hands as a child whilst making fireworks,

Explosives should only be used by people who know what they are doing.

He is now 65 and gets by quite well with no hands.

I think its better to leave this to the professionals

atb

Andy

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Phantom said:
:eek: thats a lot of info red
cheers
phantom
p.s. how do you make it

VERY VERY carefully :eek:

I used to use it quite a bit along with stage maroons for a re-enactment group i was invovled in. Damn dangerous stuff it is too.

I called it quits when some moron who thought he knew better doubled the charge at one event without telling me. The steel firing tube we used for safety got a 4" hole blown out of the bottom of it. If he had seated the charge to the left or right by a fraction it would of been like a pipe bomb into the crowd :eek: :eek:

I will accept responsibilty as i should of checked it prior to firing, but needless to say words were exchanged....there was much wailing and nashing of teeth.....blows were exchanged.....and i left the group. Especially as it was a western re-enactment group and there was quite enough black powder and the like in the home loaded .38 special loads used in our colts and winchesters.

P

Phantom

yeah im not planning on making anything i'm just curious
phantom

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
A mate of mine managed to set fire to the carpet of his mums house with improvised fuse that was drying out above the gas fire and then blow a pushbike seat post a couple of hundred yards using weedkiller and vasaline and an improvised detonator.

He also blew his bedroom window out with an "unloaded" shotgun.
Found a novel use for heximine tablets and blew backy tins up all over the place.

His brother once went fishing with gelagnite (when he worked down a Tungsten mine) but said he would NEVER do it again as it killed everything and he felt very bad about it.

He eventually grew out of it and due to very good fortune even has all his fingers and toes.

Sorry bout the carpet mum :eek:

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales

The chap I typed of in another post, set fire to his mothers kitchen.

His idea, as he told me was; to fill a dog food can with weedkiller and sugar, put a fuse in it and have a hand grenade type thing. (what for I'll never know).
Anyway, the problem he had was sealing the top of the tin, guess what he used?
Molten lead :lmao:

Anyway, the whole lot erupted in a six foot flame, striking the ceiling and walls. At the time his mother was on holiday. It took my mate over a week to get rid of the smell of both fire and re-decorating the kitchen.

I hope the young chap, who originally asked the question really does take these "errors" seriously and not as a glorification of "bomb" making.
Accidents whilst playing with "gun powder" are not so common these days, but not so long ago I can remember a report of a kid who dissected one of his father's shotgun cartridges and placed the powder in a glass bottle, he then lite the powder with the result of losing one finger and one eye, now looks a bit like this :borgsmile

John

Sorry bout the carpet mum :eek:[/QUOTE]

Burnt Ash

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
East Sussex
Phantom said:
hi peeps,

could someone tell me where to get gunpowder from plz....im not planing on blowing anything up ;) im just curious :D

cheers
phantom :AR15firin

Even commercial pyrotechnics can go wrong. At the beginning of April this year, a friend from teenage days was demonstrating hand-held marine signal flares for training purposes. As a sailing instructor, he was doing everything by the book. It was even being filmed. One particular flare exploded soon after ignition, blowing the casing through his abdomen. It was a miracle that he survived at all, but he has undergone seven months (he still spends more time in hospital than out) of excruciating pain and reconstructive surgery, with recurrent infections and all kinds of problems.

Don't fool with explosives unless you really know what you're doing. I go cold remembering some of the idiot things I did as a kid. Be warned!

Burnt Ash

Scuba Pete

Forager
Nov 3, 2005
Glasgow
At 15 years old you are not allowed to buy fireworks, nevermind gunpowder. Be very careful, many people are injured by explosives every year.

The chemistry is very interesting thou.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE