Guiding on Skye Bushcraft - anyone been on his courses?

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Anyone got any experience of George Yeomans 'Guiding on Skye' Bushcraft School? I only ask because someone who works for a woodland/forestry organisation has had his name mentioned in reference to training and wanted an opinion. Since I do not know really I thought I would ask if any members have been on his courses?

Thanks

LBL

timboggle

Nomad
Nov 1, 2008
Hereford, UK
Not done any courses with George, but he's a good bloke, very good knowledge and instructor - one of the few guys in the game with 'real' qualifications and experience in leading groups in the outdoors and recently delivered bushcraft survival workshops for Mountain Leaders at the Training Associations AGM, he's the real deal mate.
goodjob

red dreads

Nov 14, 2009
Eilean a Cheo
Yup 4 of us went on a one day course, it was great. Learned loads, tons of hands on stuff.

George has all the kit and the knowledge to use and show it,he's an experienced mountain guide and team leader, his wife Maggie is an expert botanist.

We did all the basics, survival techniques,fire lighting,sharpening/ blade safety,local plant identification,water purification,foraging,shelter.

Full on ten hour day, came home very happy but extremely tired,(both mentally and physically).

Best £200 quid we've ever spent, 2 expert instructors, 10 hours of non stop activity and instruction for two adults and 2 teenagers. Bout a fiver per head per hour

Brill, cant wait to do another!!!

PS Have no commercial interest or connection to Guiding on Skye Bushcraft

slainte Stevie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE