Groups and meets - likeminded folk

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Ive been scouring through here for a little while and wondered if there are and groups that meet say monthly. Particularly in the Cambs region, but anywhere.
Ive been looking for people to basically sit chat whittle, go into the woods exchange ideas skills, whatever. It took me about 2 years to find a green woodwork group so i accept i might not be looking in the right places :) However once i did there was a wealth of people from all ages groups abilities and it was a real pleasure.

Like most poeple i have an interest in many areas which basically stem from being out and about in nature - which through my job i am fortunate enough to be often although cant spend the time i would like investigating things. My pertners family having a cabin in norway may have considerable increased my interest its true....and the lack of litter there is a real joy!

I have always found that you can get so far by reading and experimenting with bits and peices but its so much more fun and rewarding with other people. Im not after perstering those that know better to just come and teach - not the idea at all.

So appologies if this has been covered elsewhere and i would be suprrised if there were not a listing of groups somewhere..but if anyone knows or likes the idea of anything please do reply.

(Ps i know about the big meet later this year - sounds good)

Thanks for reading
Tim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE