Grill/Stand for a Tuna can stove for 37p

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I made a couple of tuna can stoves and was looking for something to cook over. I found the answer at Tesco's.

1.jpg

Packed with a couple of tuna stoves in the bottom, rice, dehydrated baked beans and home made beef jerky.

2.jpg

Lit with a foil wind shield.

3.jpg

Making a brew.

4.jpg

Lunch :D

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
bloodline said:
I like it, it proves you dont have to spend a lot on kit to enjoy a bit of outdoor cusine. :You_Rock_

Excellent use of something for multiple uses,: container and fire stand, have a rep point.

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Laurence Dell said:
I like it :approve: :35: the basket looks like it would be handy for foraging for mushrooms etc as well, in bushcraft multipurpose kit is a good thing :)

I though that, or line it with a bit of tarp or plastic and use it as a washing bowl.

And thanks for the rep point JohnC.

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I bought one of the baskets for my 2 year old niece a few weeks ago, she thinks it's great. She doesn't do a lot of cooking with it though :lmao:

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
Topcat02 said:
When you said you got it from Tesco's, do you mean you bought it? I must admit I've never noticed anything like that at Tesco's before.

TC

It was in the Household section buy the Warrington tesco's is one of the large tesco's extras so carries a larger range than smaller stores.

neo_wales2000

Tenderfoot
Dec 6, 2004
wales uk
Great idea, I'll give it a go.

I picked up a tea strainer from Tesco and found it ideal as a radiant heater when used with an Optimus 111. Invert the strainer over the burner of the stove and it glows red hot, gives a lot of radiant heat
111-12.jpg

A piece of tin foil behind it and you have a powerful winter heater when no wood fire is available :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE