Grill cover - For barbequeing over fire embers?

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Hi,

I had a little fire at the beach over the weekend as I was trying out my trangia stove. I didn't get the frying pan to work as I forgot to lift the pins. So the pan kept suffocating the burner and putting the flame out.

So we had to cook our mussels on the embers of the fire. Quite tasty but we got quite a bit of sand and ash in them.

I thought what would be a really good idea is a grill top like BBQ's have. So I could put it over the top of the embers (suspend it a couple of inches). Keeping everything clean. I would be able to cook all sorts then.

The problem is that I cant find any folding ones that would fit neatly in a bag. Ideally it would compact to about 5 inches square. Then you can pull it out and lock it together. Perhaps with a bag so you dont get the rest of your pack dirty.

Does anyone know if these exist or where I can get them from?

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
A piece of metal netting for making cages for rabbits etc? Would fold up easily enough. Actually, now I think about it, that would be really useful and light. I will get myself a piece.

Feb 27, 2008
Cambridge
Thin stuff might get super hot and burn the food. It would be fine for shellfish but would tear apart chicken etc.

I have visions of glowing red chicken mesh ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE