Greyed out options in message box, buttons don’t work.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I seem to be unable to post a smilie unless I use colon/bracket combo. All the message box icons are greyed out and can’t be used. Tried logging in and out, but still have the problem.

DC159F2F-13D4-4E72-AB2E-27EC0EC386BB.png

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I had this too. In the end I had to clear all my internet data and then it seemed to work again, for a while.
Never quite got to the bottom of the problem though.

I haven’t cleared the cache and cookie, but did scrap my old bookmark and enter the www. to get in the front door again. It didn’t help.

I’m not sure about the iPhone, I’ll try it tomorrow and get back. I’m loathe to clear the cache as it’s inevitable I’ll have to do a lot of forgotten password resets, always a PITA.

Cheers for getting back. (Virt thumbs up).

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Also, if I try and put a smilie on from my iPad (which used to work), I get an ‘Oops, server error’ message.

CFBF41EC-62CC-4BA8-B2EF-F6D88FD77406.png148262B7-BFAF-44D7-B007-D773FC8865ED.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Toddy

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
You've probably tried this, but in the drop down "More Options" menu to the right of the Undo arrow (three vertical dots, upper right), there is a symbol of two square brackets [ ] called "Toggle BB code". That might have inadvertently got toggled to "on". Anyway, just a thought.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
You've probably tried this, but in the drop down "More Options" menu to the right of the Undo arrow (three vertical dots, upper right), there is a symbol of two square brackets [ ] called "Toggle BB code". That might have inadvertently got toggled to "on". Anyway, just a thought.

Aha! That’s the one. :banghead::banghead::bag:

Yup, all working again apart from I’m limited to BCUK emojis.

grainweevil

Forager
Feb 18, 2023
Cornwall
Hmm, got me on that one - not least because I've only just discovered there are BCUK emojis. Might still be looking at the dreaded cache clearing, unless you can adjust your taste in smilies. There are some real classics there to tempt you! :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE