Green woodworking in the North West?

beamdune

Oct 14, 2005
Manchester
Does anyone know of any green working courses being run in the North West.

I recently attended a course in South Gloucestershire which was a bit of a trek from Manchester. I've been looking on the web but, invariably, everything I've found is based in the South. I'm beginning to think i'm living in the wrong part of the country.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
I think he's more Durham than NW but it might be worth you talking to Eric Methven who's a member on here.
I've not met him personally but I know he's been a bodger for years and plenty of people I do know personally have met him and rate him and his work very highly.

Even if he's too far from you he might well know of others that are nearer you.

If you can't get hold of him on here then his website is:

http://www.country-crafts.co.uk

Hope that helps,

Bam. :)

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I'll be running green woodcraft courses (some of them aimed at bushcrafters) over the winter months and into the spring around the Durham area. There's also Maurice Pyle who runs courses at Beamish as mentioned above. I know him well and he's a good bloke.

I'll also be doing some woodcraft/bushcraft weekends for bushcrafters who want to learn some green woodcraft and lend me a hand with woodland management including felling a whole load of Birch that has to come out in order to return the ground it has been planted on back to a SSSI wetland area. I'll be looking for volunteers to help and in return I'll provide woodcraft workshops. Also volunteers will be able to take away as much birch and sycamore as they can carry. Possibilities are, spoons, kuskas, bows, birchbark for containers, camp furniture. etc.

Eric

(P.S. When I say woodcraft for bushcrafters, what I mean is woodcraft using just a knife, axe and bow saw blade. Everything else is made in the woods. As far as I know, nobody else is offering that.)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE