Green woodcraft tools and chainsaw F/S.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Bodger's bits and other greenwood stuff.

I've been doing green woodcraft for nigh on forty years and enjoyed every minute of it.
However, now that arthritis has set in in both knees, and my hips are starting to ache something terrible in cold weather, I have decided it's time to retire that aspect of my life.
I'll stick with the leathercraft from now on, and some lightweight spoon carving to feed my creative needs.

So, with that in mind, I am disposing of almost all of my greenwood tools in a number of posts over the next few days. I know many of our members are interested in green wood craft so I thought I would offer them here where I know they will be put to good use rather than flogging them on evilbay to goodness knows who.

Prices include paypal fees and postage will be extra. Paypal only please. PM please to reserve, pending payment.
(Anyone wishing to collect the items in person can omit the postage element)

1) Traditional brace and a full set of chairmaker's bits. SOLD PENDING FUNDS
These have been collected by me over the years and some are very rare, hard to find bits. All are clean and have been kept sharp and ready to use.
sm-toolroll.jpg

sm-toolroll-2.jpg

sm-toolroll-3.jpg

Price: £70 + £10 P+P SOLD PENDING FUNDS

2) Gransfors Bruks Viking pattern special edition axe SOLD
I bought this to use on demonstrations when I used to get dressed up as a viking. It didn't get a lot of use though, so I shortened the handle a bit and discovered it works better (for me at least) than the GB carving axe. It has a straight handle and a razor edge and is in brilliant condition. It comes complete with a home made axe cover and separate belt hanger. More info here.

sm-vike-axe-1.jpg

sm-vike-axe-2.jpg

sm-vike-axe-3.jpg

Price: £95 + £7 P+P SOLD

3) Gutter adze SOLD
This is a single handed gutter adze - excellent for shaping chair seats. It has a fixed handle, is ready to use and in excellent condition.

sm-small-adze1.jpg

sm-small-adze2.jpg

Price: £35 + £6 P+PSOLD

4) Husqvarna 340 petrol chainsaw
This was my replacement chainsaw after my old one got nicked from the back of my van. It has only had around 5 hours of continual use.
It is in "almost new" condition and runs perfectly. It has a fairly new 15" bar and I am providing it with 3 chains, sharpening file (with guide plate), servicing spanners, two plastic felling wedges and a stump clamp (for sharpening the chain in the field). Info and specs about this model here .

sm-chainsaw-1.jpg

sm-chainsaw-2.jpg

sm-chainsaw-3.jpg

sm-chainsaw-4.jpg

Price: £250 + £20 P+P Price reduced to £200

5) Husqvarna chainsaw safety trousers
BS kitemarked safety trousers. In excellent condition. No nicks or tears. They are 40" waist and are 33" inside leg, so they are ideal for a six footer with a beer belly. They cost £110 when new.
(I will throw in my safety helmet with these trousers as a freebie. It has a little damage and will need to be either fixed or new ear defenders fitted)

Price: £70 + £10 P+P

6) Chainsaw safety wellies
BS kitemarked safety wellies. In excellent condition. No wear or damage and "almost new" These are size 13 (I am a size 12 and these are dead comfey with two pairs of socks). These were £50 when new.

Price: £35 + £10 P+P

7) Chainsaw orange combi can
A combination fuel and chain oil can in tough orange polypropylene.

Price: £18 + £7 P+P

That's it for the moment, but I will have loads more to dispose of in due course, including power tools.
PLEASE! If you have any questions, just ask below, or by PM.

Thanks for looking,

Eric

Last edited:

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Sorry you've had to give up on your hobby Eric. Take it easy, it sounds like you've earned a rest!

I get my bus pass next year, so I'm finding working in the woods, in winter just a tad too much. I'm not enjoying it like I used to. It'd be different if I HAD to do it to make a living, but thank goodness that's not the case.

These days I enjoy working with leather and time spent in the woods can now be spent sat round a campfire whittling or carving spoons, just for the hell of it, with a wee dram of Jura now and again to warm the cockles. And I can choose when to go and when to stay at home. So it's no great loss really. I just don't want the tools to rust away in my shed, or end up thrown in a skip when I eventually pop my clogs. (I was talking to someone who does house clearances a year or two ago, and asked him if they ever come across old hand tools. He said they do, very often, but they throw them in the skip with all the other crap and just keep the furniture. How sad is that?)

Eric

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
No probs mate, you are the second person that wanted an adze with an outside bevel.

I have one of those henry taylor adzes and like yours Eric it came supplied in cannel. But I put a micro bevel outside and it and thinned it inside. This totally changed the feel and handling-for the better (that and fitting a longer handle) It will hollow spoon and ladle bowls with 5 or 6 chops, used it a lot just yesterday to hollow willow bowl's. I'd say this one Eric is offering for sale is a snip........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE