Green Outdoors Hemp/Cotton Pyramid Tent

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
I'm thinking of a tent for the kids when we go car-camping. We already have a big tentipi (for sleeping, relaxing and cooking) and the idea is that they get a smaller, cheaper tent. It will also be used by all the family - crammed in - for various festivals - so it needs to be robust yet ultimately does not matter if it gets damaged. In keeping with the 'rustic' campfire theme I was thinking of one of these. At £139 in delivery they seem cheap for what it is. But I was wondering if anyone has any experience of the quality of either these tents or the other products they offer?

http://www.greenoutdoor.co.uk/products.asp?section=34&sectionTitle=Tents&productid=5

LBL

robadams

Forager
Aug 19, 2004
Hampshire
Interesting website. I shall await any comments with interest.
I would love to have a tentipi or similar but my wife is a great sceptic.
She and my daughters have a higher comfort threshold than a middle aged ex squaddie.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
not sure about the headroom around the edge if that makes sense... with all sloping designs the height around the edge is nil.

For smaller sizes I'd go for a dome tent or small bell tent... assuming the space in the Green one is too tight that is... which I hope it isn't because I like the company for its attitude and policy.

topknot

Maker
Jun 26, 2006
bristol
Hi, had a look at that tent at last years wilderness gathering , it look good but it was out of my price range at that time. :rolleyes:
Topknot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE