Green Outdoors Bell Tent

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I have the 5 meter bell tent as above with all the trimmings. Would love to tell you what its like but its only been out in the garden once!!!!! :(

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Green Outdoors make a good tent. They sent me the prototype of the their Campfire Tent to try out a few years ago. Good sturdy tent. Although I did manage to put it up by myself to prove a point. :D Well made. But heavy. [I think it came in at over 20kg? ] In the end I went with a bison Tipi and then a tentipi. With Wood burning stoves. Which is a great tent, just not that suited for British weather IMO. Ive been inside someone elses Soul Pad 3m Bell Tent, which was very luxurious. A real home from home. Nice tent.

I still like the idea of a campfire tent. Frosts River used to do one. Might be worth considering a Baker tent?

Last edited:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I love the look of the Arctic Oven tents... I love how you have to pitch them inner first so they get drenched on the inside when it's raining.

OK if you're in the Arctic and just have some snow to brush off but terrible for the UK.

I would love a bell tent if it weren't for all those pesky guy lines.

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Have been really interested in Bell tents for a couple of years now for family car camping as I hate flappy nylon tents so have just got back from a week's camping in a 5m bell tent (hired) in sussex. We used a 5m, which was voluminous, to say the least... and really was much more than we needed for sleeping space for two adults and two kids. It was easy to heat with a small stove and a few hundred grams of dry wood. Advantage over a tipi/lavvu shape is you get to use all the space right up to the edge, but that's about it. Personally I prefer the tipi shape for a tent but swmbo gets last call on this stuff. We'll be buying a 4m bell tent next year.

Oh yeh, and replace the guys with some bright yellow/orange climbers accessory chord or similar if you absolutely have to pitch anywhere near other tents. (hell is other people, as someone once said).

Best, Stu

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE