Green Laning

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
:biggthump

Green Laning rocks. I cant think of anything better to make you read the lie of the land as you travel. Excellent for furthering your basic 4x4 skills.

Just make sure you do it right.

Research the routes
Make sure you have the right to drive them and that they are not so wet as to be damaged by your vehicle.
Never travel in groups of more than 4.
Stop and get out of the way for animals.
Dont fight with the ramblers who spit and throw stuff at you. Just smile nicely and remember that you might be able to run their kids over round the next bend if they damage your Landy :wink:

I think that Glass, LARA and most of the LR Press carry a full set of guidelines. Still planning to do a couple of weekends later in the year, omce we know what we are doing we will get the details up.

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
EdS said:
If you go laning join GLASS asap and write to your MP or moves by Alun Michael & DEFRA with make laning illegal.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :cry:

Yes, either GLASS or LARA, or the AWDC for that fact (as they are affiliated)

The moves by DEFRA will not stop us using BOATS (Byways Open To All Traffic), but will stop us from using RUPPs (Roads Used as Public Paths) and the like.

The biggest problem I have found is that councils do not maintain the BOATS in some cases, and will stop you volunteering to do it yourself (all part of a plan to make them impassable).

For those of you who are in the Surrey area, Surrey CC get my vote. :biggthump You can buy a publication from them called "BOATS in Surrey" This costs a fiver and gives a list of all the BOATS and RUPPS, details of TRO's at time of print (Restriction Orders) along with info on any special conditions. They mark out their rights of way well in Surrey, and this makes a big difference.

If anyone does fancy a day green laning in Surrey, let Mel or I know and we can either meet up and join in, or give you info on which routes on the OS are still open.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE