Green Funerals.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
It was a very happy, fitting, and spiritual funeral, despite the shock of his suicide, but I think we were colder than he was to be honest. :)

Bloke was 97, a brilliant mind and a pin sharp eco thinker, scientist and writer on the energy challenges we face. He didn’t want to decline into dementia and lose his dignity in a care home with all the fuss and burden, so took his life. Only afterwards did we find out he’d booked the plot and planted a Wild Cherry next to it. With his own hands no less, and the help of a friend. He was still walking the cliff paths and moors at the age of 95.

Redhand Jack

Tenderfoot
Jan 25, 2021
Devon
The two I'd like to raise awareness of are in West Devon and South-East Cornwall respectively :

and

Both provide excellent service and stunning surroundings but Antony and Ellie at Pentiddy have a community woodland as well as the green burial site and bring that truly personal touch.
(Disclaimer - whilst we share no blood or legal ties I'd consider Antony and Ellie family, so make of that what you will)

Reactions: TeeDee

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
My B I L died suddenly aged 42.
He was a building surveyor so my sister and I thought that using re-cycled scaffolding planks with which to make his coffin was the right thing to do.
Being made originally from pine, even though they looked scabby on the outside, when milled slightly off-centre they are beautiful clean timber inside. I off-centred because I needed thicker boards for the base.
The process was very cathartic for the whole family with yours truly giving evening updates and pictures on the build.
He had a good send off.
S

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE