Green Anarchy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
It seems that mankind is going to stumble into a state of disaster. Just as herds of animals can grow too large to be sustained by the land they live on and their numbers dwindle so it will be with the human species.

We will go on stuffing our faces with food, living for greed and money, burning up our precious resources for as long as it lasts (and we have the filthy lucre to pay for it) until it is too late. Famines, disease, war, financial collapse and of course death will be inevitable as the earth will pay us back for what we have plundered.

No a hunter-gatherer lifestyle is not the only sustainable lifestyle, farming in harmony with nature is also viable. Although I haven't done all the science to prove this point (who has?) I believe it is probably more sustainable.

Docherty

Tenderfoot
May 11, 2010
Dorset
I think we're all up for a cleaner, greener world - but as Red's pointed out we're kind of past the point of no return.
Britain couldn't support it's own population - we rely on a very complex chain to ensure that our supermarkets stay stocked with foods flown in from all over the world while our farmers get paid to set good arable land aside.

I think there is a realy danger of romantacising the hunter/gatherer life style. In reality I think it would be a bleak and hellish existance, constantly struggling from one meal to the next terrified that a simple broken bone could lead to death.

1. No, I think that farming is a much better and stustainable optioin - using good crop rotation and storage and proper management of livestock.

2. I don't see how we can't live in the present! (ho ho) I don't think that all we do is consume either, granted there is a lot of waste but we're doing better at things like fish farming and reforresting

3. Nope but I don't think talking religion with a bunch of guys who make knives is the best thing for someone whose been on this forum for less than a week to be doing

4. I think if everyone decided to start living a hunter gather life style as of tomorrow it'd be a blood bath. I reckon most people would take to lootin' tescos and it wouldn't be long until the rape gangs and cannibals came out (watch The Road for a very harrowing and realstic picture of this).

If you were to introduce it in stages you'd have to start doing some real drastic stuff like limiting how many children a family could have and it all gets a bit too communist for me. We've developed technology designed to make life easier and more comfortable for a reason.

5. I don't think Humanism works - I don't think we'll fix all our own problems, not enough people want to and I don't think we'll ever reach perfection.

6.We've paved paradise and put up a parking lot. Possibly, but they won't get tetanus or die of polio.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Current world population - what - 6-7 billion? Projected to increase by another 2 billion within 25 years.

Available wildlife/natural resources accessible to hunter/gatherer? Somewhat less!

Classical anarchy only works if everyone is lovey-dovey. Unfortunately, not everyone is.

So to achieve hunter-gatherer "utopia", you'll first have to eliminate 95% of the worlds population, and have a bigger "tribe" than anyone else remaining.

(Oh - and ps - hunter-gatherers had/have one boss, who's word had to be law in order for the tribe to survive.) So - even there - there's no "anarchy"!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE