Great Scott...

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Go fast enough over a ramp with a regular car or skateboard dewi you'll feel like you've got one temporarily! Make sure it's fixed before SC though ;)

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I saw that earlier today, I loved those films, the first two anyway I never got around to watching the third.

Well worth a watch! We're having somewhat of a back to the future marathon! We're both nerds, I can deal with it :lmao:

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Isn't it weird though... looking back and remembering when we thought today was the future? :rolleyes:

I was in my mid teens when the 2nd Back to the Future came out, and 2015 seemed like it really was in the distant future.

Not happy though, I want my self-fitting boots and air-drying coat! :p

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
Isn't it weird though... looking back and remembering when we thought today was the future? :rolleyes:

I was in my mid teens when the 2nd Back to the Future came out, and 2015 seemed like it really was in the distant future.

Not happy though, I want my self-fitting boots and air-drying coat! :p

I just want a delorean to be honest. The real fake part of the film is making one of them achieve 88mph without breaking down or falling to pieces. I would like to be doc brown one day too

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
DeLoreans are still made...

[video=youtube;0lrIqGphJx8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lrIqGphJx8[/video]

Closet I came was a Colt Starion 2.0l turbo... that thing was like a cross between Knightrider and the DeLorean...

[video=youtube;0WLG_1UA1D4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WLG_1UA1D4[/video]

I miss that car :(

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
DeLoreans are still made...

[video=youtube;0lrIqGphJx8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lrIqGphJx8[/video]

Closet I came was a Colt Starion 2.0l turbo... that thing was like a cross between Knightrider and the DeLorean...

[video=youtube;0WLG_1UA1D4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WLG_1UA1D4[/video]

I miss that car :(

Well Dewi it looks like you're going to have to explain to Steph why I've sold a kidney to buy a new delorean then :rofl: the starion was a beautiful piece of kit mind! What can I say I like boxy cars! Exceptions being the E type and datsun 270Z mind they're things of beauty

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I had the Datsun 260Z lol

Never did get to own an E Type, mainly because I was hankering after a 1965 S Type Jaguar, but ended up with a Volvo P1800. Much as those reading this will think 'Volvo??'... you need to look up the P1800. It wasn't the most comfortable car to drive, but damn did it look good.

The one car that got away from back then was a Lotus Espirit S2 John Player Special. I wanted that car so badly, but every time I found one I missed it by hours... once by minutes. Fate I suppose... if I'm meant to own one, the day will come.

If you really want a DeLorean though Mick, I know a member of the DeLoreans Owners Club... he lives down the road from me... I was close to buying his when he had money troubles a few years back, but ironically I think he may well have sold a kidney to keep his :p

mick91

May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I had the Datsun 260Z lol

Never did get to own an E Type, mainly because I was hankering after a 1965 S Type Jaguar, but ended up with a Volvo P1800. Much as those reading this will think 'Volvo??'... you need to look up the P1800. It wasn't the most comfortable car to drive, but damn did it look good.

The one car that got away from back then was a Lotus Espirit S2 John Player Special. I wanted that car so badly, but every time I found one I missed it by hours... once by minutes. Fate I suppose... if I'm meant to own one, the day will come.

If you really want a DeLorean though Mick, I know a member of the DeLoreans Owners Club... he lives down the road from me... I was close to buying his when he had money troubles a few years back, but ironically I think he may well have sold a kidney to keep his :p

You have taste in motors Dewi! P1800 was pretty much the only good looking Volvo ever lol. Maybe one day on the delorean, but not exactly practical. Defender is still top of the wish list for a car when I do get transport! Roll it over, abuse it, park it on a beach and wait for the tide then drive away the next day! What can I say I like utilitarian

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
I'm after a long wheel base Land Rover 110 at the minute... found one a couple of months back at a bargain price... missed it by minutes, literally. But I will get one, oh yes... it will be mine... oh yes! :D

I wanted the Lotus Exige until I realised that I wouldn't fit in it properly, but my car history is far more interesting than me as a person lol

Owned some that people would class as junkers, like a leather-seated FSO, a Lada estate and (not a car) the LDV 400 LWB Hi-Top... all boxy vehicles, but all with a particular charm to them. Yep, they broke down a lot and they were about as aerodynamic as a brick, but they were an experience to drive :D

Other cars in the never ending collection have been Triumphs, a Nissan 418 turbo (basically a souped up Datsun Sunny) and the car I miss with every day that goes by, a Rover SD1. And yes, I know all the jokes about the SD1, but it was just one of those cars that made you think that the British car industry wasn't going to die.... and it did, spectacularly so as well.

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
I was out in a garden centre on back to the future day and I saw Michael J Fox!!!........... well at least I think it was him, I'm not to sure because he had his back to the fuchsias.

I will get my coat.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I was out in a garden centre on back to the future day and I saw Michael J Fox!!!........... well at least I think it was him, I'm not to sure because he had his back to the fuchsias.

I will get my coat.

Hang on I'll get it for you. :D

(That was actually pretty good).

Dewi I've had my flying cars, and they were British. MGBGT & Triumph Dolomite Sprint. Had all four wheels off the ground on a few occasions. Always wanted a Scimitar to try it in but fear I'll never have the chance now. (Have had all the wheels up in the air with my Landrovers too - and I don't mean when on the ramp in the garage when they've broken down again). :rolleyes:

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Bizarre.. the Dolomite Sprite was my introduction to the Triumph. My uncle died, his car was going to be sold and it ended up on our farm needing a clean.... I cleaned that thing, polished it and shined it to make sure it sold... and you know what, I have no idea why I did that. I wanted that car... I wanted to own it myself, but I polished and shined it for my uncle. He never got to see the shine I gave it... but when that car sold, I bet that person enjoyed the shiny new feel I polished into it!

That is probably where my obsession with polishing comes from... I like to make shiny things that are no longer shiny, shiny again!

Blimey, I'm even boring myself here... apologies.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I really loved mine and it's little overdrive button on the gear-knob. Had a lot of fun in it, had been partly rally prepared and though totally outclassed by modern things I used to wiggle and slide down lanes in that thing and had a whale of a time. I miss Miss Parton to this day. You're not boring me by the way, I've had some odd ones, some dogs and some beauties in my time.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
You have taste in motors Dewi! P1800 was pretty much the only good looking Volvo ever lol. Maybe one day on the delorean, but not exactly practical. Defender is still top of the wish list for a car when I do get transport! Roll it over, abuse it, park it on a beach and wait for the tide then drive away the next day! What can I say I like utilitarian

Scandalous Mick! How can anyone not love overpriced Volvo XC70?!

Last edited:

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
What i want to know is Why was Marvin Berry and the Starlighters Guitar player playing a Gibson ES 345 at the Enchantment under the Sea dance in 1955, when in fact, the ES 345 didn't show face until 1958. ?

Until Marvin comes clean on how he came about owning a guitar built three years in the future i'm calling bs on the whole story. 1955 time travel my erchie.

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Another of my favourite big slabs of cars that I had was my Vauxhall Royale Coupé. No pictures on this comp so here are a couple of stock ones.

Vauxhall%20ROyale%20(2).jpg

vauxhall-royale-04.jpg

Built like a tank, not fast on the 0-60, but the 60-120 was smooth and amazing! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE