Great British Shooting Show

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Any been/going this weekend?

Its just down the road from me at Stoneleigh park, so myself and the rest of the uni rifle club exec headed down yesterday for a look around.
If you were there, you'd probably have spotted us in our bright red jackets!

Good day out all in. Lots of nice gear and guns to try out, few fun things on the range, tried out air pistol shooting, sampled plenty of good cider, looked at some knife making stuff (English Handmade knives had some of Duncan's (FGYT) blades)...
I even made a few contacts with some companies, for getting the club some discounted kit, and I won a HW97k!

What did everyone else think?

Last edited:

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Nothing nearly so technical (although I can hit a .22 cartridge at 25 yds with a target rifle)

The guys from Hull Cartridge were raising money for a charity related to a recently deceased rifle champion, paid £2 to try out some nice guns on the range and got given a ticket for a raffle. All I had to do was turn up at the time of the draw to be in with a chance. First guy wasn't there so they drew again and I walked away with the prize. Shear dumb luck really but it'll get some good use by the Uni rifle club (on loan till I graduate) so its gone to a good home.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE