Gravy spoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
This one is cherry. Great wood to carve.

gravyspoon3c.jpg

gravyspoon4c.jpg

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Nice Hoodoo. I like the sharp lines, nice idea. I tend to always round everything off, but they really add something.

Cherry is a beautiful wood to work with isn't it.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Marts said:
I like the sharp lines, nice idea. I tend to always round everything off, but they really add something.

I agree with jou Marts lines make an object very distinctive and crisp rounding edges of only leads to a watering down of a shape IMO i always try and give my carving that kind of crispness its very difficult to achive i never seem to get i quite how i want it

James

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hoodoo,
You're always tempting me to look at images of carving perfection - making my efforts look to be so much match-wood.

Very very nice.

Ogri the trog

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Toots said:
Very nice looking indeed Hoodoo. Fantastic grain pattern and sharp lines. Was it carved from "green" or seasoned wood?

Kiln dried. I buy a lot of my wood from a local store called the WoodSource. Carving seasoned wood is a lot harder to do but the nice thing is, I've never gotten a piece of wood from them that split on me. Nice even grain and dried to perfection.

One way to sharpen the lines is to scrape the wood after you carve it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE